YANMAR F13D

/ YANMAR F13D #1  

NCGMAN

Bronze Member
Tractor
YANMAR
Has anyone heard or had any experience with the Yanmar F13D, 16 HP,4x4.
Small tractor but I believe it would run a sub compact tiller, Right?? I work a small garden and use a boom to pull "small" trees out of the woods. The tractor is on the Southland Equipment site. I've read this is a reliable tractor sales location. $2700.00 what ya'll think????

/ YANMAR F13D #2  
No direct experience. However, I would question the 16hp number.

The number after the F is the PTO HP of the tractor. The F13 would be a 13 PTO HP tractor.

According to my owners manual, my F16 is only a 18.5 HP motor. I know it's not much, but I would guess a F13 would only be a 15 hp motor.

I'm no expert, so pls don't quote me. Just do some research before buying.

I love my F16. Great design. WB is a tad short, but that makes for a super-tight turning radius.

/ YANMAR F13D #4  
NCG,
Just about any Yanmar is a realiable tractor as long as it is purchased from a reputable dealer.
That said the 13D is one of the less popular F's.
It's too small for most people.
They are neat looking machines though.

BTI

/ YANMAR F13D #5  
First off, I think those little Yanmar tractors are about the coolest thing I have seen in years. An F13 is about the same size as my brothers ym1401d, and it is a very capable tractor. It can handle a 4' tiller ,no problem,or a 5 ft rear mower deck, 5 ft rear blade, loader. Dont let its size fool you, the horsepower these little tracors have is not a problem, its usually traction/weight issues that keeps them from keeping up with the bigger say 18+hp Yanmars.

/ YANMAR F13D #6  
Talk to Ben at southland equipment he will do you right.The 2210B he has is a lot bigger for the same money.

/ YANMAR F13D #7  
Is that your old 2210B Gizmo ?

Bruce

/ YANMAR F13D #8  
yes and I know it is in good shape .I did a lot of work on it that it did not need .just because I thought I was going to keep it. a good paint job and it would be a nice tractor.

/ YANMAR F13D #9  
I love my F13. I have the factory yanmar 4 foot tiller with mine. It is very heavy but the tractor has no problem handling it. Also have a 60" john Deere 261 mower deck that the tractor has no problem handling. I have converted a 6.5' Meyers snow plow to 3 point mount and it has no problems at all pushing it. Only down fall of the F series is finding new parts. My water pump went out and the yanmar dealer will not sell me one due to the tractor being a grey market tractor.

/ YANMAR F13D #10  
you would need to check with someone like Hoye tractor or Fredricks equipment. Did you locate a water pump ?