Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default battery charge light on in the dash

I need help with my Yanmar FX20d. My battery charge light is on and I have to jump my tractor every time I use. What I would like to do if possible, is to replace my current dynamo and voltage regulator set up with an automotive type alternator containing an internal voltage regulator. My tractor is an FX20D 3-cylinder diesel model number 3TN82U. My tractor has a 12 volt negative ground 75 Ah dynamo(AC). If there is any one out there that can tell me how to do this if it can be done I sure would appreciate it. Thank You! denny

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

Default Re: battery charge light on in the dash

Welcome and have you checked your battery?
    Click here for my current weather

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    PDF files don't like me !!
    Making a F-550 Pick Up thread
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by MrJimi
    Quote Originally Posted by steamteam
    I need help with my Yanmar FX20d. My battery charge light is on and I have to jump my tractor every time I use. What I would like to do if possible, is to replace my current dynamo and voltage regulator set up with an automotive type alternator containing an internal voltage regulator. My tractor is an FX20D 3-cylinder diesel model number 3TN82U. My tractor has a 12 volt negative ground 75 Ah dynamo(AC). If there is any one out there that can tell me how to do this if it can be done I sure would appreciate it. Thank You! denny
    Welcome and have you checked your battery?
    Jimi, that's a classic ....

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

Quote Originally Posted by California
    Jimi, that's a classic ....
    Well, It's the truth, I hope he don't come back and say yup, It's in there
    if the battery is bad and won't hold a charge it will do what he is saying it does
    Jim

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Its not a problem if you can find one that will mount up . If it is not a self exciting type alternator you will need to run the exciter wire through a low wattage bulb in line with the ignition . (The warning light you have will do)

Hi MRJIMI, IT is nice to meet someone with a sense of humor. I guess I should have explained a little further. I have a new battery. I also have found out that the external voltage regulator has failed. From what I understand the regulator will be an ongoing problem. So I am trying to save myself some stress and replace the whole system. Thanks Steamteam!

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

I hope your parts aren't very much, around here most auto parts stores will check them for free, I like Autozone here, you may have something different near you

My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steamteam
    Hi MRJIMI, IT is nice to meet someone with a sense of humor. I guess I should have explained a little further. I have a new battery. I also have found out that the external voltage regulator has failed. From what I understand the regulator will be an ongoing problem. So I am trying to save myself some stress and replace the whole system. Thanks Steamteam!
    I would replace the regulator, I've owned 4 or 5 F model Yanmar tractors and I've sold about 40 or 50 F models in the last few years and I've never had to replace any voltage regulators. I don't think that I've sold more than 2 or 3 F model regulators since I've been in business.

Danny

Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX335... branson 4220i tlb - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

Its more than likely your voltage regulator, it will make the light come on.
    We have replaced quite a few of them so we keep at least 5 on the shelf at all times.

You can buy one from any of the dealers that post here

also check your fan belt

MorningtractorErnie,
    If you sell regulators for my tractor. Would you let me know how much? If you know which one I need maybe I will get it from you and replace my old one. I live in Texas so please include shipping charge. Thanks Steamteam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast