Tractor
    Many

Default Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod

Noob here - would appreciate any insight/information anyone is willing to share. Have a 3TNE68 18hp yanmar engine (abused - by former owner) and am looking for a decent source for connecting rods (2 out of 3 are bent/twisted) either new or used.

I think this engine is used in New Holland, John Deere (very proud of their connecting rods @ 225 per rod....you'd think they were gold - not that I'm knocking them - just not wort the price ), ThermoKing, and even maybe a marine version.

The engine appears to have low time - no internal damage other than the bent connecting rods which is why it's not getting full compression - and here I originally thought it to be rings or valves.

Thanks in advance,

Wherewolf

Platinum Member

Default Re: Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Noob here - would appreciate any insight/information anyone is willing to share. Have a 3TNE68 18hp yanmar engine (abused - by former owner) and am looking for a decent source for connecting rods (2 out of 3 are bent/twisted) either new or used.

I think this engine is used in New Holland, John Deere (very proud of their connecting rods @ 225 per rod....you'd think they were gold - not that I'm knocking them - just not wort the price ), ThermoKing, and even maybe a marine version.

The engine appears to have low time - no internal damage other than the bent connecting rods which is why it's not getting full compression - and here I originally thought it to be rings or valves.

Thanks in advance,

Wherewolf
    I should be able to furnish rods for your engine.

Danny

Tractor
    Ford 3000

GO ON EBAY AND PUT IN A WATER PUMP FOR THAT MOTOR AND THAN LOOK FOR A SELLER KIM-PARTS. ASKES THEM ABOUT YOU CONNECTING ROD IT MIGHT BE $ 165.00

I'M IN THE SAME BOAT THIS IS THE LOWEST I FOUND SO FAR.

Tractor
    LS U5030C

Quote Originally Posted by exharleyman View Post
    GO ON EBAY AND PUT IN A WATER PUMP FOR THAT MOTOR AND THAN LOOK FOR A SELLER KIM-PARTS. ASKES THEM ABOUT YOU CONNECTING ROD IT MIGHT BE $ 165.00 I'M IN THE SAME BOAT THIS IS THE LOWEST I FOUND SO FAR.
    You found a almost 7 year old thread.
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

haha!!!!!
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    LS U5030C

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    haha!!!!!
    Ho Ho
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

WEll you know zonbies are a pretty big thing now a days.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.