Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod

/ Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod #1  

Wherewolf

Tractor
Many
Noob here - would appreciate any insight/information anyone is willing to share. Have a 3TNE68 18hp yanmar engine (abused - by former owner) and am looking for a decent source for connecting rods (2 out of 3 are bent/twisted) either new or used.

I think this engine is used in New Holland, John Deere (very proud of their connecting rods @ 225 per rod....you'd think they were gold - not that I'm knocking them - just not wort the price ), ThermoKing, and even maybe a marine version.

The engine appears to have low time - no internal damage other than the bent connecting rods which is why it's not getting full compression - and here I originally thought it to be rings or valves.

Thanks in advance,

Wherewolf

/ Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod #2  
Wherewolf said:
Noob here - would appreciate any insight/information anyone is willing to share. Have a 3TNE68 18hp yanmar engine (abused - by former owner) and am looking for a decent source for connecting rods (2 out of 3 are bent/twisted) either new or used.

I think this engine is used in New Holland, John Deere (very proud of their connecting rods @ 225 per rod....you'd think they were gold - not that I'm knocking them - just not wort the price ), ThermoKing, and even maybe a marine version.

The engine appears to have low time - no internal damage other than the bent connecting rods which is why it's not getting full compression - and here I originally thought it to be rings or valves.

Thanks in advance,

Wherewolf

I should be able to furnish rods for your engine.

Danny

/ Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod #3  

GO ON EBAY AND PUT IN A WATER PUMP FOR THAT MOTOR AND THAN LOOK FOR A SELLER KIM-PARTS. ASKES THEM ABOUT YOU CONNECTING ROD IT MIGHT BE $ 165.00

I'M IN THE SAME BOAT THIS IS THE LOWEST I FOUND SO FAR.

/ Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod #4  
GO ON EBAY AND PUT IN A WATER PUMP FOR THAT MOTOR AND THAN LOOK FOR A SELLER KIM-PARTS. ASKES THEM ABOUT YOU CONNECTING ROD IT MIGHT BE $ 165.00 I'M IN THE SAME BOAT THIS IS THE LOWEST I FOUND SO FAR.
You found a almost 7 year old thread.

/ Yanmar 3TNE68 Bent Connecting Rod #7  
WEll you know zonbies are a pretty big thing now a days.