Tractor Sizing rotary cutter size

/ rotary cutter size #1  

pondriver

Tractor
YM2610d
I am in the process of buying a brush cutter for my 2610d. I have a heavy duty woods 6' cutter now that I know is too big and heavy for this tractor. Would a 5' be a better match? Or will a lighter duty 6' work? Thanks.

/ rotary cutter size #2  
The lighter duty six footer will be... well, lighter but it will take the same horsepower to spin it in the brush. The five footer will require less power to keep moving. Is your current problem the weight or power or both? My 25 pto hp JD790 (Yanmar painted green) works very well with my five foot light duty cutter. Not sure I'd want to go six feet /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ rotary cutter size #3  
Do you like the Woods? I know that this is a crazy idea, but I'm going to throw it out there. How about converting the six footer to a five footer?? I use a five foot one myself on a 35 hp tractor.

Blades for rotary cutters are sold in lots of lengths. Look in a tractor parts catalogue (probably not the Woods catalogue) and see if there is something useful. I was amazed at the number and types of blades available.. New blades are not very expensive, and nice to have anyway. If you wanted to continue the project, you could have a local welder move the two sides of the mower inwards...its only a lip that needs to be moved..

/ rotary cutter size
I just sold my 60 Hp gas JD. I used the Woods on this tractor. At times without weights it lightened the front end of the JD. It is very heavy and has CAT II pins. I guess I just need to sell it and get a 5'.