temperature gauge question

/ temperature gauge question #1  

Anonymous Poster

I Have a ym2000b that has a temp. gauge and an idiot light that looks like a radiator. I don't read Japanese so I'm not sure. During the winter the light would come on for a while then flash until the tractor warmed up. I didn't worry about it because I knew it wasn't over heating. Yesterday I fired it up the light flashed a few times and then went out. After about an hour of use
I noticed the light was flashing again. This caught my attention because it wasn't normal. Sure enough, I shut it down and there's
antifreeze pouring from the bottom. Well luckily the leak wasn't the radiator or the big lines. It was a small 3/8 rubber line coming from the bottom left of the radiator going to a small
gadget bolted to the frame. I fixed the leak and refilled the radiator. Now that light is on all of the time. So guys, what exactly is the light for and what was that small block the rubber line goes to? I was thinking some kind of sending unit or flow meter but I didn't see any wires. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated........Ernie I forgot to say that the temperature gauge would come up to normal and stay there even with the light on.

/ temperature gauge question #2  
It may be the sensor in the resevoir/ recovery tank. Make sure the overflow tank is full.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ temperature gauge question #3  
EM, The light is just a warning that the coolant is low in the recovery tank. The block that you replaced the hose to is the drain for the radiator. There is a plug on the bottom of it that screws out.

/ temperature gauge question
Thanks Bruce and Brad. The recovery tank is bone dry. I appreciate the info..............Ernie