Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop

/ Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop #1  

kzack

Tractor
2210D
I have a 2210D with Bush Hog 1846QT Loader. It has a single joystick operation. When I first got it the joystick was nice and tight didn't flop around and the loader reacted with just a little movement from the joystick. Now, and I don't know why, the joystick flops around and has no resistence until it is pushed out to its limits. The loader and bucket still operate as they're supposed to, its just that the joystick has an awful lot of slop and flops around. I did just replace a hydraulic hose that went to the joystick and operates the bucket.? Is there an adjustment or anything that I should look at? Thanks

/ Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop #2  
Kzack, My linkage use to get loose too. I just cleaned(grease) off, lock-tite nuts and eye bolts. Then regrease eye ball bolts/no more slop.hope this helps

/ Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop
Thanks YM-135trac,

I'm not sure I'm following you though. I'm not at home to look at the tractor, but are you saying I should take the lever assembly apart and clean it out and then fill with grease and re-assemble?

/ Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop #4  
NO, lock-tite won't work with grease film. so must be degreased somehow/then relubed so j/stck function smoothly. my linkage is made of combination of bike chain master link and little eye/ball bolts&nutsl(like the ball end your3pt lift arm,BUT tiny) that I lock-tited eye/ball bolts&nuts and tighten back together then relubed. Never came loose since.

This linkage connects to valve spool and may be inside the rubber boot.(remove boot carefully) my boot is gone, so I finger wipe a little grease every now and then.:)

/ Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop #5  
I have a BH2245QT loader on my YM2620D. I have had the same problem. If you carefully lift the boot off from the bottom and slide it up the joy stick arm you will probably see that the allan screws have worked loose. I found some small lock washers and used a mild grade of loctite to fix the problem. I carry a allan key in my tool box so if out and they loosen up I have a tool to fix the problem. Hope this help.

Dick

/ Bush Hog Loader Joystick Slop
Thanks guys. Removing the rubber boot exposed the obvious problem. One of the nuts had completely back off the bolt. I put it back on, tightened and greased. All is well again.