Water in Transmission YM155d

/ Water in Transmission YM155d #1  
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720, Yanmar 155d
I was checking the fluids on my tractor and I have milky transmission fluid- and it's really milky. I know that means that water has mixed with the oil. Everything still works just fine, so I need to know what way is the best way to get all that stuff out of my tranny. Will standard tractor fluid be okay to use as a replacement fluid?

I'm also wondering how the heck the water got in there in the first place. I'm not wallerin around in rice patties or mud bogs. I think it might be getting in through the shift boot. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice!

/ Water in Transmission YM155d #2  
Yep....it's the shift boot. A worn, cracked or loose shift boot will dump enough water over time to saturate the hydraulic fluid.

Pull every fluid drain plug on the your tractor, remove and clean your internal filter screen and let the tractor set for a few days to get as much out as possible.

Re-fill with the correct hydraulic fluid and you're good to go.

/ Water in Transmission YM155d #3  
Park it under a shelter!!!! :D You know tractors really don't like being in the rain. It upsets them :rolleyes:

/ Water in Transmission YM155d
NCGMAN said:
Park it under a shelter!!!! :D You know tractors really don't like being in the rain. It upsets them :rolleyes:

Well, I was worried that the Farmall would get upset if I parked the Yanmar next to it, but it looks like the Farmall dosen't have a choice now. I'm going to have to make room.

/ Water in Transmission YM155d #5  
My Mitsubishi wasn't fond of the Yanmar when I brought it home, but, I left them alone for a day or so and they sniffed butts, and now their OK parking together. Just takes a little time.

/ Water in Transmission YM155d #6  
alvanko said:
My Mitsubishi wasn't fond of the Yanmar when I brought it home, but, I left them alone for a day or so and they sniffed butts, and now their OK parking together. Just takes a little time.

Just don't be surprised if you step out one day and find a bunch of little Yansubishi's running around. LOL

Robert

/ Water in Transmission YM155d
thekingfeeder said:
Just don't be surprised if you step out one day and find a bunch of little Yansubishi's running around. LOL

Robert
Good luck finding parts for those!!

I guess that would mean I might have Interyanimars. Maybe that's what happened to my other International because it has a diesel engine with spark plugs, a carb, and a magneto. You never know what you're going to get when the bull gets loose.