Tractor Sizing finish mower SIZE

/ finish mower SIZE #1  

HILLBILLYMAN

A quick question.....I have to make a decision about what size finish mower to purchase for my 1610D.......4ft or 5ft. I'm leaning towards the 5 ft finisher mower, a LMC (Lowery Manufacturing Company). My question is...will my 1610D pull the finish mower with no problem...or should I opt for the 4Ft?
I'll be mowing a four acre yard with typical (although sometimes high) grass.
HILLBILLYMAN

/ finish mower SIZE #2  
I think you'd be fine with the 5'. I didn't know that LMC had finish mowers. Do they appear to be good? I know their 5' box blades are much heavier than most. They have the half inch heavy metal sidewalls.

JCooper

/ finish mower SIZE #3  
I have an LMC 5' finish mower and its a good mower for the price.Its made in China. Had to get blades from LMC, but they only cost $9.00 each. A 1610 pulls it with no problem.

/ finish mower SIZE #4  
15 to 30 hp for a 5ft is the norm

/ finish mower SIZE
Thanks for your feedback regarding the finish mower size for my 1610D.........I was hoping the 5ft was the verdict! The five footer just seems to make more sense behind a tractor.

HILLBILLYMAN

/ finish mower SIZE #6  
I pull a 5 footer with my 1700 with no problem. Yours is not much smaller.

/ finish mower SIZE #7  
How much does a 5' LMC cost? thnaks, bw

/ finish mower SIZE #8  
I cut this from the attachments site here. Might be worth emailing this guy or sending a reply to see that he is still happy with his LMC. bw

Favorite! | Print Thread
ric
(Silver Member)
02/25/02 03:02 PM
Re: first choice finish mower [re: JohnMiller3] Reply

I have a 6 foot wide LMC rear discharge which looks just like the picture. LMC private labels these mowers from an Italian manufacturer. Mine was $795 new in 2001, this my second one. I have a 24 hp Kubota 4wd tractor, I think 7 foot is too big slows down too much when the grass gets high, sold it two years ago and bought a 6 footer, works great. ric

/ finish mower SIZE #9  
I am running a 5' Woods finish mower with my 186D (14-15 PTO hp) with no problem although it doesn't like stumps and stones./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Chris

/ finish mower SIZE
Brett,

I bought my 60'' LMC finish mower for $860 including tax,
but I got lucky and found one that had been sitting on an equipment lot for a year, had very, very minor surface corrosion from being outside, and one wheel would not turn freely (I simply greased it and it works fine!), plus the dealer had just unloaded a tractor trailer load of sparkling new ones, so when I asked him how much for the rusty one, he said "cost". I jerked his arm off, and said SOLD. I brought it home, greased it, put some turtle spray wax on it, and it looks like new. I guess you just gotta be patient and look for deals, as other dealers wanted from $1000 to $1300 for the same mower in my area (TENNESSEE).

HILLBILLYMAN