Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Resident Architect

Default Yanmar C10r tracked dumper

I have some land up north and it's accessed by a very steep trail. I know from experience that tracked machines can get up the trail, but I havn't tried anything with wheels. I need to get a bunch of material to the top of the hill so I can build a cabin. A couple of weekends ago we haul 150 tons of rock up the hill with a small tracked loader, but the distance is just too far for the machine to be effective. I know that Yanmar makes some tracked haulers and I know of a couple of low hour C10r's that are available. Couple of questions first:

Where these domestic or grey market?
    Does anybody know what the drive system is? Clutch or hydro?
    Anybody ever use one?
    Turbo Yanmar 1110d, 4wd, powershift, kwick-way loader SOLD
    1988 Waldon 5100, Cummins 4b SOLD
    1999 Gehl 6635

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Re: Yanmar C10r tracked dumper

I don't know the answers, but I would love to have one! I think they are sold by Yanmar-USA as well as gray, and I expect Y-USA won't touch the gray ones.

Isn't there also a smaller twin to the C-10?

And a question of my own, if anyone knows the answer: How well would those things work for towing a heavy orchard sprayer on steep ground?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Resident Architect

Yea, the C6r is even smaller. It doesn't even have room for a seat! The current C12r appears to be pretty comparable to the older C10r. I don't know if there is another model between the C10 and the C25 though. It's a pretty big gap so it would make sense to have a intermediate model.

I know that the tracked loader that I was using had NO PROBLEM climbing the 40% grade at the high end of my trail. These loaders use 100% of their weight for traction, so having to tow a trailer would definetly have a negative impact on their capability. I doubt a tractor can climb anything close to that slope.
    Turbo Yanmar 1110d, 4wd, powershift, kwick-way loader SOLD
    1988 Waldon 5100, Cummins 4b SOLD
    1999 Gehl 6635

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2004 JD 4310 300CX 72MM, dozers, excavtors, bachoes, loader, tractors.

Yeah these tracked units are awesome. I haven't had a C10R but similar and wouldn't hesitate to get another one if I can find one priced right. That "grey market" term wouldn't matter anyway. Sure Yanmar- America may not support it because they don't WANT to but there are SOOOOOOO many dealers now that can get parts for ANY importer machine its not a problem . As long as they are still supported overseas you can normally have parts in a week.

Darin

Tractor
    Yanmar c10r

I've been searching for mauals for my c10r but no can find. Does anyone have a source for an operator manual?

Here are specs for 1990s models:

One Cyl 6.5kW Diesel Engine.
    Operating Weight: 1500 pounds.
    Capacity: 17.7 cu.feet.
    Payload: one ton
    Dump Angle: 60 degrees.
    Height: 51 inches.
    Length: 106 inches.
    Width: 37 inches.
    Loading Height: 35 inches.
    9 inch Tracks.
    Max. Speed: 3.5 mph.