Oil & Fuel Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil #1  

dan1948

My 2500 Yanmar became very slow lifting a 4.5 ' disc. Decided to check filter screen. Oil came out very dark amd filled with metal particles. Screen was not as clogged as I have seen, but, pretty bad. Drained all oil and removed and cleaned screen. Replaced oil with same volume as I removed (+-) used universal fluid from TSC. 3 point will not raise nor will loader, oil on dipstick shows air bubbles. I closed all cylinders on loader but now I don't remember if I lowered the 3 pt. Anyway any input is needed and appreciated. Thanks. Dan

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil #2  
Dan,
It takes a few cycles of all the cylinders to get rid of the air that may have been introduced.

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil #3  
I'd guess you're sucking the air in - somewhere.
Without knowing your particular tractor, if it has a spin on filter that is "sucked through" I'd DOUBLE check that the old gasket came away with the old filter.

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil
Inspector507 said:
Dan,
It takes a few cycles of all the cylinders to get rid of the air that may have been introduced.
How do I get the cylinders to cycle when nothing happens when I attempt to raise 3ph or loader? Dan

Reg said:
I'd guess you're sucking the air in - somewhere.
Without knowing your particular tractor, if it has a spin on filter that is "sucked through" I'd DOUBLE check that the old gasket came away with the old filter.
Tractor has a metal screen that is cleaned and replaced. kinda wish I had a spin-on. Thanks for your reply. Dan

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil #6  
You may have to check the punp. I've changed my fluid several times & had no air problems to deal with

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil #7  
You definitely have a problem. There should not be any metal particles in the hydraulic oil. THose particles have been worn off off something, likely the hydraulic pump.

Turned out to be the shear key on hydraulic pump (.83) With new gasket about 3-4$ total. Plus, I got to practice getting up and down on my creeper:). Thanks for the help guys. Dan

/ Hydraulic oil and filter change, no lift,air in oil #10  
Good for you! Always nice to hear when it turns out to be $3 or $4 rather then $1,000.