Yoke retainer

/ Yoke retainer #1  

lragan

Tractor
Yanmar F20D
Well, I've had my used bush hog for less than a week and the retainer on the yoke of the pto shaft at the tractor has come out along with the spring and ball bearing. Is that replaceable or do I have to replace the yoke? It is the quick release for the pto shaft.

/ Yoke retainer #2  
You could just remove the whole thing and put a bolt through the hole that is the same size. It would no longer be a quick connect and you would have to remove the bolt and nut each time you unhooked the shaft, but that would keep you in operation till you can find replacement for the spring,retainer clip and pin which might be a little hard to find. Your bushhog dealer might warranty it but not likely.

/ Yoke retainer
Since I'm getting an over-run clutch, I may just permanently attach as you suggested to the over run device and use the quick release on it where it attaches to the tractor. Thanks

/ Yoke retainer
It is a used Rhino device that the retainer and spring had fallen out of. On these units, the spring goes in first followed by the retaining bolt/device and the hole where they go in is "crimped" to keep the retaining bolt from coming out. I was able to find a spring and bolt at the local dealership, cleaned the hole out with my dremel tool, installed the spring and device and hammered a small lip around the hole with a hammer and punch to keep the bolt in place. Works like a champ.

/ Yoke retainer #5  
Thanks for the follow-up. Always fun to see how these issues get resolved.