3pt lift

/ 3pt lift #1  

gws

Platinum Member
Tractor
yanmar ym1810
One of the things that bugged me last year was setting up my YM1810 to pull my 4ft bush hog (wallace brand). It work ok, but I never seem to be able to raise the mower off the ground. I see other tractor with entire bush hogs off the ground. Raising mine as far as I can without hit the tires just lifts the front of the mower off the ground. Rear wheel is still on the ground. Should I be able to setup the 3pt to get more height? Do I need longer arms?

/ 3pt lift #2  
Sounds like your top link is not adjusted correctly, or the top link mount on hte brush hog is allowing significant movement or 'give'. My 1700 lifts quite a bit of weight.. your 18xx should be able to lift the 4' fine.

Soundguy

/ 3pt lift #3  
Gary,

My top link has a screw-type adjustment. By screwing it one way or the other, you shuld be able to tighten it up to the point where it will lift.
-Frank

/ 3pt lift #4  
Nothing should be hitting your tires under any circumstances. Is it from too much side play? (no/or out of adjustment sway chains)? Or you need to reverse your rear wheels for a wider stance, reverse your hitch pins so they point in, or last resort, longer lower links.

/ 3pt lift #5  
My 1720D will lift a 5 foot bushhog off the ground with no problems. If the front of your bushhog is hitting the back of your tires you probably do need longer lift arms. Otherwise the post about adjusting the top link or sway links would apply. Your tractor should have no trouble handling that bush hog

/ 3pt lift #6  
On some bush hogs the top link bracket will swivel front to back to allow the bush hog to float a little when going over uneven terrain. The bracket should swing from straight up to laying back. If it was put on backwards, when you raise the 3 point the front of the bush hog will raise up, but the tail will still be sitting on the ground.

/ 3pt lift #7  
Brent, my bushhog (J Bar) has that flex bracket, but I never knew what it was for. I guess I should adjust the toplink so the back goes from a little above to a little below center for best operation.