Tires Turf tire setup for YM1700

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #1  

BTackett

Gold Member
Well I thought I had it figured out and was going to find a set of the 24 wheels for my YM1700 and get a set of turf tires to mow with. Geez, for a R3 turf tire for the 24 is $268.00 each!

What other options are there for lug pattern/wheel packages? Would I be better to find a set of Yanmar wheel/tire combo? What is the 6 lug pattern...6 on 6"? I see some other Yanmar models with the wide turf tires on them(like 20 inch wheels) and large wide lawn tires. What will adapt to my 6 lug pattern?

I know someone has done this and I really don't want to drop $750 on rear wheels/tires to mow with.

thanks
Bill

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #2  
If it is 2wd you can really put anything on there you want. What we like to do is find the tire that we like and in a size that is affordable first and then go to heywheel.com and get wheels made to fit that tire. They are almost always cheaper than the OEM wheels & you can get them made to any spacing that you want.

One customer even went with some of the bigger mud tires for pickups. You can get them used for almost free & the tread worked great for both the lawn & in the dirt.

Just an option.

Aaron
Parts@Hoyetractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #3  
Heywheel.com are nice and have helped several on this site. I was lucky and found what I needed on ebay and got a great deal and had adapter made to transition from Yanny bolt pattern to the JD rims I found. I have a 2wd 1500 so it was easy...if you have 4wd you have to match front ond rear ratios pretty close. Here is a link to my old post on tire adapters for turfs.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/32610-value-rice-tires-rims-plan.html

If you can't find it go to my profile and look under posts started by me. I have one ore two about the tire change and repaint process from a few years ago.
Hope this helps. If you can;t find the link let me know...
Peter

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700
Nice adapters! What would a set cost if you could get them? I have a YM1700 and the lug pattern is the same I believe. I could find a set of JD wheels/tires locally and be set.

Bill

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #5  
I have a 1602D, which is 4wd. Here's what I did, I picked the closest set of JD rims and tires on Ebay to my current tires ($199 shipped, rims and tires). I then measured the ratio of front to rear. Then I had a local machinist make me a set of adapters ($250), you should be able to get them cheaper from a place that mass produces wheel adapters. I measured the rolling rear tire and then searched for an Ag tire which would provide the correct ratio. Once the tire was selected, I search through the JD parts, and looked for the correct rim size with correct bolt pattern (there wer lots to choose from that would fit on the front) (front rims and tires <$175). So for $625, I was able to have matched turfs all the way around.

Cheers,
Rob

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #6  
I think I paid about $50..maybe $100 but I knew the guy and he used "scrap" left at work. I may have the old diagrams and measurements around here somewhere. If I can find them I will try to post or send them to you. I have moved since those were made so I do not know if I can find them, but I'll try. The rimsand turf are actually the correct turf for my JD 4300..so It was a great find for me.

Peter

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #7  
I bought tires and wheels, new pull off, from MF and had adapters made at machine shop for $100. They really made a difference in the tractor. Still have the lug tires and wheels so if I need them it's a quick change.

Attachments

• P1090001 (Custom).JPG
    P1090001 (Custom).JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 368
  • P1090002 (Custom).JPG
    P1090002 (Custom).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 411
  • P1090003 (Custom).JPG
    P1090003 (Custom).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 342
   / Turf tire setup for YM1700 #8  
Eddie,
I like your adapter design. A person could almost DIY those. Other adapters I have seen were for wheels with similar bolt hole spacing and ended up pretty complicated because you had to recess bolt heads & tap holes, etc. I had never thought about getting wheels with much bigger bolt pattern & just using flat plate for an adapter. Great idea!

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700
That is neat! Do you have a picture of the back side?

Bill

/ Turf tire setup for YM1700 #10  
Here you go!!!!

Attachments

• P1100004 (Custom).JPG
    P1100004 (Custom).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 348