New member needing parts YM2200

/ New member needing parts YM2200 #11  
i thought it would be the key on the left???

/ New member needing parts YM2200
Yes Danny, you are right, the key on the right is like the one I can't find. Mine even had the original strap with all the Japanese writing on it.

/ New member needing parts YM2200 #13  
Yes Danny, you are right, the key on the right is like the one I can't find. Mine even had the original strap with all the Japanese writing on it.

Like this?

Attachments

• 111-1162_IMG.JPG
    111-1162_IMG.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 116
   / New member needing parts YM2200 #14  
hi again 6011Artist, just a reminder because of being unsure how long your YM has been in storage.

Diesel Fuel Has A Shelf Life Of 18 too 24 Months. Personally I will suggest if the YM has been sitting up more than 12 Months, Remove and Replace the Diesel Fuel !!! Varnish wreaks havoc with Fuel Injectors....

Good Luck, do the recommended 6 month Oil Change Too, while you are getting fluids current. Tranny/Hyd fluid should not be forgooten.

Rhett

/ New member needing parts YM2200 #15  
I have several YM2200 parts tractors, I will see if I have a key, BTW 4 years ago the steering box assembly was available and it was less than $ 500.00 (new OEM)

Danny
Is your parts tractor a YM2200D, im looking for drivers side steering knuckle

/ New member needing parts YM2200 #17  
Note Danny's profile. I doubt he will respond.

1danny From Thorsby Alabama

Joined Jul 12, 2003

Last seen Dec 10, 2011

Based on his posts here, I think he specialized in maintaining, repairing, scrapping the 2200/2700 Yanmars, the unique YM's with the exhaust on the opposite side. Well respected.

I think he was one of the dealers of gray-market Yanmars who was sued out of business in the Yanmar-USA lawsuits 15(?) years ago. Long ago Google showed a tractor implement dealer in Thorsby that I think might be his next business.

As Carey said, Ebay and Hoyetractor are more likely sources.

/ New member needing parts YM2200 #18  
Note Danny's profile. I doubt he will respond.

Based on his posts here, I think he specialized in maintaining, repairing, scrapping the 2200/2700 Yanmars, the unique YM's with the exhaust on the opposite side. Well respected.

I think he was one of the dealers of gray-market Yanmars who was sued out of business in the Yanmar-USA lawsuits 15(?) years ago. Long ago Google showed a tractor implement dealer in Thorsby that I think might be his next business.

As Carey said, Ebay and Hoyetractor are more likely sources.
As this fits a YM2000, would the YM240 parts fit too?

/ New member needing parts YM2200 #19  
As this fits a YM2000, would the YM240 parts fit too?
I think the steering knuckle that dill38 wants is the end of the axle containing gears, not a steering box which is likely more universal. Dill, can you describe in more detail? Severe damage? Photos? And please put your general location in your profile. Maybe what you need is close enough to go fetch it.

Do YM2200D and YM2000D share front axle parts? I didn't know YM2200 shared parts with anything.

As for YM2000D / YM240D sharing a front axle, maybe but not necessarily.

I think it was Aaron who said YM186D (US) has a different, heavier front axle than its Japan twin YM1510D. Maybe the US version was spec'd for a loader while the Japan-market YM1510D had 4x4 simply for rice paddy traction. And I think I saw in the parts manual that there is a difference in gear ratio due to different diameter tires in the two regions. I don't know if the difference is unique to these models or widespread across various models.

Maybe Winston or rScotty know more about this. Absent some expert advice, I wouldn't assume anything will interchange.

Last edited:
   / New member needing parts YM2200 #20  
Probably wrong, but I didn't think the 2200 or 2700 had a 4 wheel drive model.