Default YM2500 hydraulic-transmission flush

Had problems with slow hydraulics which turned out to be weak pump. Have replaced pump and would like to flush trans, hyd and fel systems. Thought I would mix 50-50 diesel and utf, run until warm then drain and replace utr. I'm thinking the mix should provide enough lubrication but be thinner to wash out any debry. Has anyone flushed a system with a similar method. Thanks. Dan

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 2620D

Default Re: YM2500 hydraulic-transmission flush

Point to consider: Would the fuel eat up any seals? You may have to flush the unit several tiimes to get all of the old "cleaning" fluid out. I would thinks new fluid run for a period of time would help clean out the total system.

Dick

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Default Re: YM2500 hydraulic-transmission flush

Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Jermyn View Post
    Point to consider: Would the fuel eat up any seals? You may have to flush the unit several tiimes to get all of the old "cleaning" fluid out. I would thinks new fluid run for a period of time would help clean out the total system.

Dick

I think it was ernie that said he runs transmission fluid in his tractors