Tune up?

/ Tune up? #1  

blackd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400
What do I need to do to tune up my FX24D with a 3TNB84 engine? What are the valve settings?

/ Tune up? #2  
Tune up? Valve clearence both int and exh are .2mm / .008".

I'd check and make sure the fuel and air filters are in good serviceable condition or replace.

/ Tune up?
Thanks, Mickey. Filters are just weeks old, but it's starting and running on 2 Cyls, then third Cyl kicks in. Runs fine after that, but seems to have lost some power. No smoke to speak of. Thought I'd adjust the valves. See what that did.

/ Tune up? #4  
I would check the injector in the cylinder that is not running correctly. It is easy to do. Just swap it with one out of one of the other cylinders and see if the same cylinder is acting up or if the one that now has that injector in it is acting up.

If the other cylinder is acting up then you know to clean, repair or replace that injector.

If not, then go to the next step.

/ Tune up? #5  
Yeah, I'd suspect injectors first as well. Most injector shops will bench test them for free if you want to just get them all checked out....make sure they're popping at high enough psi and making a good pattern.

/ Tune up?
I was thinking it might be injectors. I can not get it to miss lone enough to tell which cylinder it is. It only lasts for two or three seconds then runs alright. I guess after the grass cutting season slows down, I will start my wrenching. Thanks for the ideas folks.