Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400

Default Tune up?

What do I need to do to tune up my FX24D with a 3TNB84 engine? What are the valve settings?

Tractor
    Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204

Default Re: Tune up?

Tune up? Valve clearence both int and exh are .2mm / .008".

I'd check and make sure the fuel and air filters are in good serviceable condition or replace.
    Yanmar Fx24D,
    Koyker 155 loader,
    RSB-1300 tiller
    Cub 3204, 48" mower
    Bolen 1257 GT with tiller

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Thanks, Mickey. Filters are just weeks old, but it's starting and running on 2 Cyls, then third Cyl kicks in. Runs fine after that, but seems to have lost some power. No smoke to speak of. Thought I'd adjust the valves. See what that did.

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326

I would check the injector in the cylinder that is not running correctly. It is easy to do. Just swap it with one out of one of the other cylinders and see if the same cylinder is acting up or if the one that now has that injector in it is acting up.

If the other cylinder is acting up then you know to clean, repair or replace that injector.

If not, then go to the next step.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Many LS tractors...current Fave is XR4150HC

Yeah, I'd suspect injectors first as well. Most injector shops will bench test them for free if you want to just get them all checked out....make sure they're popping at high enough psi and making a good pattern.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

I was thinking it might be injectors. I can not get it to miss lone enough to tell which cylinder it is. It only lasts for two or three seconds then runs alright. I guess after the grass cutting season slows down, I will start my wrenching. Thanks for the ideas folks.