Adding Guages To your Yanmar

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar
Man! You guys do nice work. Those guages look like they came from the factory. Thanks a lot. Anyone else want to pile on here?

Chris /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #12  
Jerry

What is the toggle switch that is located just to the left of your gauges???

Dave

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #14  
Sorry to re-hash the subject, but I'm very interested in adding a few guages to my 1401d. Has anyone out there added guages to a 1401? If so, are the adapters the same as those mentioned in these threads? I'd like to at least add water temp and oil pressure.... I'm not exactly a mechanic, but I'm willing to get my hands dirty and give it a try--just need a little guidance.

Thanks for any help!

tony w

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #15  
Tony,

I installed Sunpro oil pressure and water temp gauges on my YM 1500. It's pretty simple and I obtained all the info needed from posts, posting, or private messaging members.

Before you gather up all your "stuff", locate the oil pressure sending switch and the water temp sender. Remove them and then carefully re-install them. This way you'll know you can get them out and know what's involved before you start drilling holes and running tubes. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh, yeah. Get the Sunpro copper tubing to replace the plastic tubing that comes with the oil pressure guage.

Rick

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #16  
Thanks, Rick! Would you be interested in having someone--like me for instance--ask for a little assistance through private messaging or e-mail?! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Anyone out there have pictures of the water temp switch? I've locate the oil press. unit already. Also, I'm guessing Sunpro is everyone's choice for guages?
thanks

tony

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #17  
Sunpro is a good brand as is Stewart-Warner and several others. Get a gauge that has the limits both min and max that you need, then get the diameter that will fit where you want to place it. You may or may no need a metric fitting kit. Some of the others will be able to tell you if you do on a Yanmar.

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #18  
I had to add/replace gauges on my 8n and NAA tractors.. I used all sunpro... cheap and they work.

They even have a metric conversion kit.. ( though my old girls were all sae... )

Soundguy

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #19  
Thanks, Jerry and Soundguy! Looks like i'll be going with Sunpro then....

/ Adding Guages To your Yanmar #20  
Tony,
I've done this upgrade. If you'd like to contact me, either message or e-mail is in my profile.

Jerry