3-Point Hitch 3PT Quick Hitch

/ 3PT Quick Hitch #11  
Don't forget about the EZ Hitch option.
Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE

That is an interesting idea. I watched the video links for connecting and disconnecting with the hitch. The connecting video made it look easy. What holds the arms apart during that operation? I notice that when the implement was disconnected, the arms fell toward each other when the tractor pulled away.

/ 3PT Quick Hitch #12  
... What holds the arms apart during that operation? I notice that when the implement was disconnected, the arms fell toward each other when the tractor pulled away.

An adjustable spreader bar is available, or could be easily made. I decided to use 1x2 lumber cut to length for each attachment width requirement. Or sometimes I just reach behind me and spread whichever link by hand (on little YM no problem).

/ 3PT Quick Hitch #13  
I have had a quick hitch for years. It is a Speedo. I bought it from Northern Tool for about $200. Last time I looked, the exact same one was on Ebay for 99. I modified all my attachments with minor torch cutting and welding, expecially the top section, so I don't have to adjust the top hook between implements. I can swap everything I have without getting out of the seat, with the exception of the finishing mower which I have to get off too hook the shaft to the pto. I ordered extra adapter bushings for the pins so they don't have to be swapped either. It used to be a 20 minute busted knuckle, pinched fingers ordeal to change implements. Now it is a breeze. Also, since I modified the implements to fit my hitch, the neigbors can't borrow my stuff since it won't fit. :p
The only problem with this particular hitch is that the top cross bar will rub on the pto shaft if you drop it too low. There is an adjustable lift stop screw that I lock down so that I can't let it drop down to far and rub the plastic PTO shaft cover. It is on my list of things to do is cut a notch in the upper square tubing cross piece and maybe weld a piece of 4" pipe cut in half for a groove for the PTO shaft. I could take some pictures if you want to see it.

/ 3PT Quick Hitch #14  
Pix:

I shimmed pins on this small disc to make it standard width.

The top adapter. You have to phone Camarillo to get it. About $18 delivered.

P1200137r4ftDiscPins.JPG View attachment 110155