Oil & Fuel Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #1  

ju5th3r3

Hello All,

I really could use some help figuring out whatthis might be. I bought a used 3110d yanmar that only had about 6 hours on it. I used it about 15 hours and now is started pouing oil/ transmission/hydraulic oil out of the middle of the tractor, it looks as if it is coming from a little hole in the bottom of the bell housing?? Is there a plug missing or is this going to be my new nightmare? I'm heartbroken, the tractor was bought 8-22-08 and I have a 90 day warranty but the dealer is several hundred miles away? I'm going to call the dealer asap monday, I discovered this about 5pm today after preparing the tractor to load on the trailer, it actually starting leaking while I pulled it up everything was fine and then actually saw it start leaking and the oil/fluid was pouring out of the little hole like water, then it quit when it was put in neutral, but when in gear it started leaking again. I'm hoping to ease my mind please if you know anything let me know, email, or post.
Thanks,
Kyle

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #2  
If that tractor only had 6 hrs on it . Either a new hr meter was installed or the hr meter was turned back. What year mod did the dealer tell you it was ?? About the leak.. My guess is rear main ( engine) seal/ transmission seal

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor
If that tractor only had 6 hrs on it . Either a new hr meter was installed or the hr meter was turned back. What year mod did the dealer tell you it was ?? About the leak.. My guess is rear main ( engine) seal/ transmission seal

The guy told me it was a 2005 model, he added the bucket to it.

thanks for the info, I'll be calling asap he should replace or refund my money.

kn

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #4  
FYI,

Search this site for remanufactured vietnamese yanmar for a real eye opener on your "2005" yanmar.

I bought a used (966 hour) 2610D for 3k more than the VN remanufactured ones cost. The extra cost is worth it to me, but I know it might not be worth it to everyone.

Jeff

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #5  
   / Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #6  
The guy told me it was a 2005 model, he added the bucket to it.

thanks for the info, I'll be calling asap he should replace or refund my money.

kn

YM3110D 1979 - 1981

Danny

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor
YM3110D 1979 - 1981

Danny

Well looks like I got suckered, but regardless the tractor should have lasted. If im stuck with it now I got to fix it. Any suggestions or places near brewton, al to take it too? I'm still calling in the morning they have been in busines 30 plus years so hopefully they will do me right, I have my doubts
here is the link to the site i found it on 2005 YANMAR YM3110D Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

I didn't pay that for it but still...

Thanks for your help
kn

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #8  
Sorry man. Wished you would have found this site & asked questions b-4 you bought. Listing/ selling this tractor as a 2005 mod .in my opinion , is nothing but fraud ! Funny that the side bar on this site has beware of internet scams :rolleyes:

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #9  
Hello All,

I really could use some help figuring out whatthis might be. I bought a used 3110d yanmar that only had about 6 hours on it. I used it about 15 hours and now is started pouing oil/ transmission/hydraulic oil out of the middle of the tractor, it looks as if it is coming from a little hole in the bottom of the bell housing?? Is there a plug missing or is this going to be my new nightmare? I'm heartbroken, the tractor was bought 8-22-08 and I have a 90 day warranty but the dealer is several hundred miles away? I'm going to call the dealer asap monday, I discovered this about 5pm today after preparing the tractor to load on the trailer, it actually starting leaking while I pulled it up everything was fine and then actually saw it start leaking and the oil/fluid was pouring out of the little hole like water, then it quit when it was put in neutral, but when in gear it started leaking again. I'm hoping to ease my mind please if you know anything let me know, email, or post.
Thanks,
Kyle

The add says the tractor is in Newton Al, not very far from Brewton to Newton.

Danny

/ Yanmar 3110D Leaking oil about middle of the tractor #10  
Sorry man. Wished you would have found this site & asked questions b-4 you bought. Listing/ selling this tractor as a 2005 mod .in my opinion , is nothing but fraud ! Funny that the side bar on this site has beware of internet scams :rolleyes:

Nut still not in. Maybe Monday.

Danny