1610d won't go,help

/ 1610d won't go,help #1  

dbloyd

i live on a mini farm 25 acres in mcnairy co. tn.
Tractor
1949 allis chalmers model c and yanmar 1610d.
iam a new member and i have a ? my tractor is a 1610d with the shuttle
shift. lately it has been very slow or relutant to begin moving after cranking
and putting it in gear. what could be wrong?

/ 1610d won't go,help #2  
How long have you had it? Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the transmission? If that level is good you may need to pull the screen (filter) and check it for debris. They can get clogged and prevent flow which makes the tractor slow to go into gear.

If all that is good to go, then you might need to check the flow from the pump.

Box

/ 1610d won't go,help #3  
If the suction screen is clean, check your relief valve springs.

/ 1610d won't go,help #4  
The suction screen is the most likely culprit. After that ,relief valves and their components. Powershifts don't die, they must be killed.

/ 1610d won't go,help #5  
Like has been said. Clean the screen .. Re fill with clean jd 303 or equivalent. Some use ATF in their power shifts

/ 1610d won't go,help #6  
It has not been mentioned, but be sure to drain the Transmission before trying to clean the
filter. I think it contains about 3 1/2 or 4 gals. of oil
Gary

/ 1610d won't go,help #7  
To slightly side-track, If you are going to change the trans fluid on a tractor which needs a change REALLY BAD, should it be flushed somehow?

/ 1610d won't go,help
thanks for all your responses. i have had this tractor for 4 years. i got it from
a guy in memphis that got it at tulahoma tractors. how do i get to this screen and the releif valves.

/ 1610d won't go,help #9  
thanks for all your responses. i have had this tractor for 4 years. i got it from
a guy in memphis that got it at tulahoma tractors. how do i get to this screen and the releif valves.
Hoye Tractor Parts
Parker Equipment =1danny
and others

To slightly side-track, If you are going to change the trans fluid on a tractor which needs a change REALLY BAD, should it be flushed somehow?
oil changes and cleaning the screen are basically flushing the system. removing the draw bar plate and wiping the settled sediments in the lower casing clean would be one step further to a better cleaning. trying a flush chemical is not suggested, just change oil and keep the screen clean more frequent.