OT-Yanmar Generator

/ OT-Yanmar Generator #1  

Waterlogged

Tractor
Kubota B7100 4wd
I normally hang out on the "orange" forum (please don't hold that against me) but I have a couple of questions for the Yanmar pros. I picked up a heavy duty Yanmar 5KVA generator with a TS105C Yanmar diesel on it (very heavy bugger-600 lbs?). It's a hand crank model and has been sitting for at least a couple of years. Looks good, turns, has compression and appears to be operational but I need some information before I can test it. Since the crank was lost, I will need to make one. For the experts, any idea if it is CW or CCW (from cranking side) to start it and does anyone happen to have a manual for it or at least starting/running instructions. Lastly, any idea how old this beast might be? Thanks for any help.

Drew

/ OT-Yanmar Generator
Thanks for the links. I managed to start it on the first try using an electric motor to spin the flywheel. Runs but the governor appears to be functioning incorrectly as it hunts for the proper speed and kicks out white smoke with each surge. Any other possibilities for the surging that I should look in to? The manual is helpful but doesn't go into much detail about how to dial in the injector or pump. Maybe there isn't much to adjust given the simple nature of the engine????

/ OT-Yanmar Generator #4  
Little Yanmar diesels like that are also used in ThermoKing units - the compressor you see mounted high on the front of a refrigerated semitrailer. I think either a local farm/construction equipment shop or a ThermoKing shop could get the governor working properly.

/ OT-Yanmar Generator
Would a single cylinder diesel run in both directions?

/ OT-Yanmar Generator #6  
Hello, My Father in Law has a Yanmar TS105C on a log splitter and we need to get an oil filter but just can not seem to find one. Any ideas? Thanks

/ OT-Yanmar Generator #7  
Best guess would be. If it has an old oil filter. take it to auto parts & see if they can cross the # if there's a # on the old filter