Tractor
    Kubota B7100 4wd

Default OT-Yanmar Generator

I normally hang out on the "orange" forum (please don't hold that against me) but I have a couple of questions for the Yanmar pros. I picked up a heavy duty Yanmar 5KVA generator with a TS105C Yanmar diesel on it (very heavy bugger-600 lbs?). It's a hand crank model and has been sitting for at least a couple of years. Looks good, turns, has compression and appears to be operational but I need some information before I can test it. Since the crank was lost, I will need to make one. For the experts, any idea if it is CW or CCW (from cranking side) to start it and does anyone happen to have a manual for it or at least starting/running instructions. Lastly, any idea how old this beast might be? Thanks for any help.

Drew

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Re: OT-Yanmar Generator

Here's your regional Yanmar parts distributor
    Cascade Engine Center

And here's the service manual for that engine
    TS, TSC, ES, ESC series -A0C1003.pdf

On an Australian dealer's site I saw a parts list that included the starting crank, so I assume it's available through Cascade.

Tractor
    Kubota B7100 4wd

Thanks for the links. I managed to start it on the first try using an electric motor to spin the flywheel. Runs but the governor appears to be functioning incorrectly as it hunts for the proper speed and kicks out white smoke with each surge. Any other possibilities for the surging that I should look in to? The manual is helpful but doesn't go into much detail about how to dial in the injector or pump. Maybe there isn't much to adjust given the simple nature of the engine????

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Little Yanmar diesels like that are also used in ThermoKing units - the compressor you see mounted high on the front of a refrigerated semitrailer. I think either a local farm/construction equipment shop or a ThermoKing shop could get the governor working properly.

Tractor
    Kubota B7100 4wd

Would a single cylinder diesel run in both directions?

Hello, My Father in Law has a Yanmar TS105C on a log splitter and we need to get an oil filter but just can not seem to find one. Any ideas? Thanks

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Best guess would be. If it has an old oil filter. take it to auto parts & see if they can cross the # if there's a # on the old filter
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak