Default YSS-48 Snowblower Help

I just bought a YSS-48 snowblower unit that I want to mount on a 186D. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any directions. I know I saw something about this unit a while back, but I haven't found the thread. Anyway, can anyone provide any insight on how this is attached etc... Pictures or a copy of an owners manual or where to get one would be awesome!

thanks, Dave

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    ford 9700, tw30, massey, jd2030 jd4010, yanmar F60d, ym330d, ym276d,ym226d,ym186d, ym2000, ym155

Default Re: YSS-48 Snowblower Help

I probably have a manual/parts book. Email me.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 186D

Default Re: YSS-48 Snowblower Help

Dave

Did you figure out how to mount the snowblower? I haven't been able to find the manual. On the one I have it mounts to the front of the 186D and takes power off the front of the engine to a gear box that reduces engine speed to 540 rpm. There is a single acting hydraulic cylinder that lifts the blower. On the bigger tractors I believe they took power off the pto and used a gearbox to reverse rotation and ran a pto shaft under the tractor on a frame to the blower up front.

Let us know how it is going.

Chris