Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tiller decision

I was just at the local tractor dealer. He has two used 50" Yanmar tillers. One is an RS1200 (green) and the other is an RSA1302 (red). Does anybody know the differences between the two and which one would you recommend? He's asking $700 for either one. I thought I saw one on here for $350 , but now I'm wondering if that was a too good to be true deal. I'll be using it on a YM2000B. Thanks for any and all info........ Ernie in NE Ohio

Tractor
    Yanmar 187

Default Re: Tiller decision

Ernie
    I just purchased a used 1303 (green) with gage wheels
    for $400. This was Lowes of Ind. and the last one they had
    for the time. I am looking for any/all instructions for
    use and upkeep. If you come across any please let me know.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Any Japanese

I have a RS1200 green with the original mount that fits a 1401 for sale for $250 + shipping from So Calif. Unless you weld some ball sockets on the rods that connect it to the lift arms, you have to unbolt your lift arm 3pt pins and use the tillers rod mounts. Not a big deal. I also sell other used Yanmar tiller models for $250. Most need a wire brush and some paint, but all work good. Or save on shipping and pick them up. If you buy 2 or more and pick em up, then $200 each. I can post some pics if you like.
    Jim

Jimbo
    Thank you for the offer. That sounds like a great price, but since California is too far for me to drive and I won't buy anything sight unseen I'll have to pass on that one. I can see though that $700 is pretty steep for a used tiller. Maybe I'll be able to find something a little closer. Thanks again Ernie

Tractor
    YM1802D

little miami tractor did have a good selection of used yanmat tillers they are just out side cinn. ohio, I think prices start at 500. http://www.lmtcompany.com/

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Used Yanmar and Iseki

had a RSA1302 and it did a great job tilling. Needed chaincase oil changed but after that it was great! Worked well even in our heavy clay soil with sod growing on it. Second pass always makes it much better!
    Nick

Tractor
    YM1610D Yanmar

Ernie,
    Go to this web site:
    http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yanmartractors/
    I e-mailed them and they said they had tillers starting at $400.00 and up depending on condition. I have to save up some bucks and then I'm going to visit them this fall to buy a tiller.

Rich

Thanks Rich. Now I need to go to the map and see exactly where
    Amsterdam is. That seems a bit better than $700........... Ernie

Platinum Member

We have tillers that start at $300. We are in southern middle TN www.yanmartractors.com (931)455-6999.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Jwjimbo, what size is that RS1200 tiller? I've got a Yanmar tiller that I use with my 1401D, but it is a sort of "bastardized" 3 point setup. It's nearly impossible to lift it far enough off the ground to keep it from dragging over rough terrain. I'm not sure what model it is. It's 48" from tine to tine. It does not have the adjustment handwheel that I've seen in pictures of other tillers. I would like to set it up like the original 2 point setup it was designed for but I'm not sure what I need or how it goes together. If you would post pics of your setup it would help me alot in figuring out what I need. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast