Tires Front tires for 4WD

/ Front tires for 4WD #1  

queen of spades

Silver Member
Hi everyone.. The brand new "MIT" tires that with my 1601d lasted all of 100 hours before a stick ripped a hole in one. The lugs were worn down to about half of what they were when new (I do a lot of excavation and have to use 4wd..otherwise it takes twice as long).

So I bought a set of Bridgestones from one of the national dealers this week. They were $30 more per tire, and bought them hoping they will last a little longer than the MITs.

Has anyone here used Bridgestones like these, if so do you use your 4wd much and how are your fronts wearing?

5-14002.jpg

5-14001.jpg

5-14004.jpg

thanks!

/ Front tires for 4WD #2  
I sure did thats how my new tractor came from the dealer with.

wish I could say good things but within a couple of weeks I heard a loud explosion in the basement. And found one flat with a large deflated bulge in the sidewall.I took it back and they 'replaced it'

About a week later I noticed the other side has a beach ball on its side. It slowly grew and grew. I got it back to the shop and deflated it and returned it also. but got allot of resistance this time. They wanted to say it was field use damage. This was winter time and it was juts a driveway with snow.
I suspect that mine might have been old tired that were in the dealers barn for awhile ..so could have been defective somehow from the factory.

But don't hang your hat on this experience.

Al

/ Front tires for 4WD #3  
I sell M.I.T. and bridgestone 5-14 tires and I don't know of anyone having problems with them. Most people buy the bridgestone because they are only $ 7.00 more.

Danny

/ Front tires for 4WD
hi Danny,

Do your customers find that the Bridgestones last longer, or do they get them because of name recognition?

/ Front tires for 4WD #6  
I have had great results from the bridgestone tires. They put the chinese junk ones to SHAME.

/ Front tires for 4WD #7  
I don't think we can compare our Bridgestones, mine being 36 years old - but I can say that I operate in 4 wheel drive all the time (Yanmar 240D). The only time my tractor is in two wheel drive is when I have to drive on pavement to an upper parcel of land. I would say I still have 50% on the tires, very superficial checking and little damage. There are one or two ribs that are missing a chunk, but they have given Yeoman service. They look very similar to your pictures, but the tread ribs are not as angled. I wouldn't hesitate replacing them with Bridgestones again. Even if they were 1/2 the tire today, that's still 18 years.

/ Front tires for 4WD
Before I sent back the MITs I took side by side pictures. :)

The one in the front is MIT.
s6301560.jpg

The left is Bridgestone, the right is MIT.
s6301559.jpg

You'll pay a little more for Bridgestones (at the store I bought from there was a 20 dollar difference per tire) but they already look like they will last longer because the lugs are taller and wider toward the middle and bottom.

Is it OK to say where I bought them? The dealer was friendly and helpful.

/ Front tires for 4WD #9  
Before I sent back the MITs I took side by side pictures. :)

The one in the front is MIT.
s6301560.jpg

The left is Bridgestone, the right is MIT.
s6301559.jpg

Is it OK to say where I bought them? The dealer was friendly and helpful.

I would say it's ok. It's nice to know we have nice friendly dealers that are willing to help.... Also tell us where you are located

/ Front tires for 4WD
Okay - I bought the tractor from Fredricks in AL - great dealer.. very supportive. Bought the tires from Hoye in TX.

I'm in Georgia.

We have one of the zero hour dealers close by. Came very close to buying my tractor from them until I researched further. Their tractors look super nice! The paint was so pretty. But I read of people buying replacement parts that wouldn't fit their tractor because the "remanufacturers" in Vietnam pieced together a Frankenstein tractor from whatever was laying around. The dealer almost extended a six month warranty, but wouldn't put it in writing. Besides that I didn't feel comfortable investing in equipment without a known history.

anyway - off my soapbox!

Tires are on the tractor and as soon as this cold and rain let up I have a little work to do.. will let you know how the new Bridgestones hold up. :)