Yanmar F16d ring and pinion

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #1  

jarrod77

Tractor
yanmar f16d
Help please new member. I purchased yanmar with bad rear pinion gears.I have had problems finding part.Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, jarrod

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #2  
Help please new member. I purchased yanmar with bad rear pinion gears.I have had problems finding part.Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, jarrod

Unless someone has 1 they are parting out. You might have to get someone to order these parts from japan if they are still available

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #3  
The F16 ring & pinion is no longer available new. I have a used one.

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #4  
Lens 12

do you by a slim chance still have that ring and pinion gear ?

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #6  
the lead was good but for $750.00 . excessive pricing

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #7  
I dont know if there that hard to find....that may as well be the going price.

I seem to remember back when i was going to regear my 4wd old pickup and decent ring and pinion was $350 for the common GM 12 bolt rear end which there was probably millions made and hundreds of thougsands still in service. this is a specialty item for a tractor that is almost 30 years old that is not in its parent country and that was never made in that quantity.

I am not saying i like that price but that may as well be the price.

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #8  
That is the best you will do. A new set for an FX24D is $695 and they are available. If your serious about repairing it you better grab it before someone else does. Just an opinion. :2cents:

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #9  
I paid $ 800.00 for the tractor and if I add $750.00 thats $1,550.00 that I would have in the Yanmar F16D 4X4
is that top on what that tractor would bring ?
No accessories came with the tractor

/ Yanmar F16d ring and pinion #10  
I would think it would bring a little more than that or I guess you can parts it out. Does it have a loader? Just don't think you will do much better on the gears. Do you already have it torn down?