Default YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING

Just wondering if anyone might have a idea on what is going on. I have a Yanmar 195D that when I first start it after sitting all night it will run for about 10 min. then die, it will also die as soon as a load is put on the engine or you try to give it gas. It will restart once it dies, but will only run for about 30 seconds at a time.

Any help would be great as I have no clue where to start at.

Thanks, Mark...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

Default Re: YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING

Injectors. And hopefully you are not actually using gas.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM1700

i have a YM1700 (the grey market counterpart). Have you checked for a clogged up fuel supply? Could be algae or maybe air getting into the lines. Also, you might want to bleed the fuel lines too.
    Yanmar YM1700, rotary cutter, box blade, disc
    __/)

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by MARK1970 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone might have a idea on what is going on. I have a Yanmar 195D that when I first start it after sitting all night it will run for about 10 min. then die, it will also die as soon as a load is put on the engine or you try to give it gas. It will restart once it dies, but will only run for about 30 seconds at a time.

Any help would be great as I have no clue where to start at.

Thanks, Mark...
    Need more info in order to help. How old is the fuel? How cold is it outside and where yoour tractor is stored? Where are you located? Have you added deisel conditioner? Oh and by the way Welcome to TBN
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

For a diesel you need air, compression, and fuel (delivered at the right moment). If it starts, it seems to have all three.

Check the fuel cap to see if it is too tight. We have seen cases where the tank had a vacuum after some fuel was used, so no more fuel reached the engine and it quit.