Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 970

Default Re: My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500

I have all 4 manuals on the JD850,950,1050. And to answer your question Danny, unknown. Didn't find a listing of the Yanmar engine model #'s in any of the JD manuals. From what I did find it might lead me to beleave that the 850 has a 3T80, that guess comes from the bore. The basic engine parts ( all internals ) could be the same. That said, many folks say the 950 is just like the YM3000, and that is not the case, I have both parked outside. They are similar, but not the same. JD 950 uses the 3T90J engine and the YM3000 uses the 3T84. If you are the Danny that is in the tractor business, you know that many things on the outside of the engine are different as well. Couple of examples, Yanmar has a decompresson, JD does not, the primer tank on the JD is self filling and doesn't have a cap, Yanmar does have a cap and needs to manualy filled. Air filters are different, JD uses a tubliar affair, and Yanmar uses what might be called a automotive style. The block on the JD is threaded for the block heater, the Yanmar is not. List goes on, you get the idea. For the price, the Yanmar books are the best value. They print a owners manual, a operators manual, and a parts manual. The parts manual is in Japaneese, but you can determine the parts # just fine from it. A person could spend $200-300 for JD manuals and still not have what they need. Just my opinion from having both tractors and having all of the JD and Yanmar manuals for both.
    Chris

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chriswheeler View Post
    I have all 4 manuals on the JD850,950,1050. And to answer your question Danny, unknown. Didn't find a listing of the Yanmar engine model #'s in any of the JD manuals. From what I did find it might lead me to beleave that the 850 has a 3T80, that guess comes from the bore. The basic engine parts ( all internals ) could be the same. That said, many folks say the 950 is just like the YM3000, and that is not the case, I have both parked outside. They are similar, but not the same. JD 950 uses the 3T90J engine and the YM3000 uses the 3T84. If you are the Danny that is in the tractor business, you know that many things on the outside of the engine are different as well. Couple of examples, Yanmar has a decompresson, JD does not, the primer tank on the JD is self filling and doesn't have a cap, Yanmar does have a cap and needs to manualy filled. Air filters are different, JD uses a tubliar affair, and Yanmar uses what might be called a automotive style. The block on the JD is threaded for the block heater, the Yanmar is not. List goes on, you get the idea. For the price, the Yanmar books are the best value. They print a owners manual, a operators manual, and a parts manual. The parts manual is in Japaneese, but you can determine the parts # just fine from it. A person could spend $200-300 for JD manuals and still not have what they need. Just my opinion from having both tractors and having all of the JD and Yanmar manuals for both.
    Chris
    Yes, I was talking about engine parts. I'm aware of the filters and the other stuff your talking about. The JD 850 and YM2500 have the 3T80 engine and I don't know of any Yanmar tractor that was built for the U.S. that has a 3T80 engine,That is why we use the JD 850 service manual for the YM2500, at $ 30.00 + it's a good deal. We also have the YM2500 and the YM3000 parts manual, but our engine section is English, as far as the YM3000 service manual goes, we use the YM330 service manual which has the same engine @ $ 47.00 that is a lot less than the $ 200.00 - $ 300.00 JD manual that is not much help for the YM3000. As long as we have engine specifications we can figure the rest of it out. The JD 850 service manual has it for the YM2500 and the YM330 service manual has it for the YM3000.

Danny

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 970

Hi Danny,
    The expensive JD manual I was refuring to is the repair manual. It is JD part #TM1192 and costs about $150 from JD, it covers the 850,950 and 1050. This is the detailed repair manual that is over a inch and a half thick. If you were to buy all 3 manuals from JD costs would be well over $200. Which JD manual were you refuring to @ $30??
    Chris

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chriswheeler View Post
    Hi Danny,
    The expensive JD manual I was refuring to is the repair manual. It is JD part #TM1192 and costs about $150 from JD, it covers the 850,950 and 1050. This is the detailed repair manual that is over a inch and a half thick. If you were to buy all 3 manuals from JD costs would be well over $200. Which JD manual were you refuring to @ $30??
    Chris
    The one we use for the JD 850,950,1050, and YM2500 is the I & T service manual, about 1/8" thick, it could be more than $ 30.00 now,I've had mine for a long time.

Danny

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 970

The I&T manuals are sure better than having nothing, although some of the info is almost generic. Think some of the Yanmar manuals I have are I&T. Any manual would be better than nothing.
    Chris

THanks mickey it got me box 5'blade 5'bush cutter 5'rake frontend loader disc tiller and finish mower oh yea trailer 16' every thing new but tractor it was reco 85 model,which i don't see many hope it's not lemon my luck it isbut not sure.I need good used tiller and finish mower for friend. I have friend running the roads in 18 wheeler could pickup for me.
    Oh yea I got 2 oil leaks looks like where the tractor splits i'm old time or points and plugs mechnical ,but never had any dealings with tractor, Cub I have is closet one, i really need manual if i'm going to get anything in ground this year I'll be planting in clay 50% I'll be on trail and erro. I hope my leaks or from over fil the oil and HD fluid are staying up OK I check everytime I use it.
    Thanks guys for the good information and if I can help you in any way just let me know i'll be there.

HI Chris I was looking for them all nothing like the right information, I was told
    JD 850 was what I needed but I would rather have the right ones Thanks a million for your response.Moochie I live in gulfport MS the Guy from grand bay Ala. I see deals in this stuff I wish he would chime in

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 970

I'd give Hoye a try. If they don't have them, they should know who does. You are going to end up doing business with them or Fredricks at some time anyway for parts.
    Chris

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by moochie View Post
    HI Chris I was looking for them all nothing like the right information, I was told
    JD 850 was what I needed but I would rather have the right ones Thanks a million for your response.Moochie I live in gulfport MS the Guy from grand bay Ala. I see deals in this stuff I wish he would chime in
    Moochie, Yanmar does not have a tractor with a 3T80 engine in it that was sold in the US. If you get a yanmar manual with the 3T80 engine in it , then someone has copied from a JD850 manual.

Danny

Hi guys went back to dealer and bought middle buster and he gave me a manual on 2500 and 3000 it came from Hoye. So I know what levers and stuff
    or for now I can get to work without messing up something thanks to you all for your help thanks a million.
    Today I will install my tiller I had no idea the drive shaft would have to be shorten it's the week end and dealer closed.Is there any chance I could get a shaft the right size ,I hate to cut up new part? Any advise or tricks of
    of the trade that you can pass on to a big dummie.thanks again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast