My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #21  
Today I will install my tiller I had no idea the drive shaft would have to be shorten it's the week end and dealer closed. Is there any chance I could get a shaft the right size, I hate to cut up new part? Any advise
A Harbor Freight Quick Hitch
97214-t.gif
will space the tiller back 3-4 inches.

I see they now list only the 27.5 inch version. (in the Cat 1 size.) They used to also sell one that met the industry standard, 26.9 inches between the lower tabs, but a lot of posters here had to spread that one wider using a farm jack.

Or longer lower hitch arms. One poster here borrowed the arms off his MF135 to put a tiller on a small tractor.

Did the dealer give you the right driveshaft? I would wait until Monday and swap him for the right one.

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #22  
Hi guys went back to dealer and bought middle buster and he gave me a manual on 2500 and 3000 it came from Hoye. So I know what levers and stuff
or for now I can get to work without messing up something thanks to you all for your help thanks a million.
Today I will install my tiller I had no idea the drive shaft would have to be shorten it's the week end and dealer closed.Is there any chance I could get a shaft the right size ,I hate to cut up new part? Any advise or tricks of
of the trade that you can pass on to a big dummie.thanks again:confused:
Can't say without seeing it, but many implements have to have their pto shaft shortened for some tractor models. We always fit every implement purchased with a tractor before delivery, cutting any pto shafts if necessary, and we provide multiple top links if necessary, as some implements need a 12", some a 16". A dealer who doesn't do these little things doesn't want business very badly IMO.

Are you sure you have the correct top link? If the dealer sold you tiller and tractor, I would consider it the dealer's responsibility to make sure the two worked together unless he advised you that they wouldn't work together well and you bought them anyway. If you're unsure, call him first. If you cut it, you most definitely own it permanently.

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #23  
Welcome to Yannie ownership. I'm sure you will be happy. By the way I was born in N.O. and grew up in your "Neck of the woods". Terry

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #24  
I have had to cut shorten PTO shafts b-4.. No big deal....I Cut them with chop saw

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #25  
Hi all, just bought my first tractor as well Yanmar 2500 used. I believe the number 3 cylinder is not hitting. Fixing to buy a service manual for sure but was wondering if anyone has had the same issue, and if you have any advice on how I might beable to avoid spending too much money on fixing it?

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #26  
Well welcome Parkerbastrop, you picked an old thread to come in on. How did you determine it is the #3 cylinder not hitting? Thinking that is the front cylinder, #1 being next to the firewall. If you have loosened off the injector lines and noted the miss you would have probably noticed whether there was seemingly a difference in pressure at that point. If pressure seems the same you might note this article on injector testing. Testing Injection Pump and Injectors
Also might want to pull the rocker arm cover and check valve clearance. :welcome:

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #27  
good start winston.

But you really should start your own thread Parker.

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #28  
chriswheeler what do you fill the primer tank with