My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #1  

moochie

Hi this is nice site along with the members my name is moochie and I'm from
the New Orleans area.:) I'm looking for a manaul for 2500 yanmar. I bought an
2500 from dealer after spending 15,000 with him he could care less if I get manual or not. The one that came with it sat out side in weather and ruined.
I would be greatful in advance if someone could steer this newbie in right direction. I looked high and low with no luck, I have root rake,disc 4 gang,bush hog, koker front end loader and pallet forks and playing it by ear.
Again thanks and thanks for letting me join this nice site. Moochie

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #2  
Hi this is nice site along with the members my name is moochie and I'm from
the New Orleans area.:) I'm looking for a manaul for 2500 yanmar. I bought an
2500 from dealer after spending 15,000 with him he could care less if I get manual or not.

Glad you are here. Sounds like you found one of those not so good dealers..:rolleyes: Mabe 1 of the dealers on here can help you out

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500
Thanks guys for great info, I have a new problem,on the hood of my tractor
it reads 2500. How can I tell if it's Japan or USA this is important in ordering
an sevice manual? Thanks again Guys

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #5  
I don't think YM2500 was ever sold in the US by Yanmar so its gray market. Hoye should have everything you need.

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #6  
What is on the hood is not always right. You might be better if you get the serial number. It is stamped in a flat spot on the transmission by your left heel when you are sitting on the tractor. It should start YM-2***-***** . It is kind of hard to see, but if you use a light at an angle you will find it there. Use that for ordering the manual, because that is what you really have and not necessarily what is on the hood. The hood is usually right, but not always.

Welcome to the forum. There are many dealers that are very helpful that participate in the forum here. Hoye, LMTC, Tractor Ernie, and others. Any one of these can provide you with manuals, Owners will be in English, parts in Japanese, and the Repair manual will be for the US equivalent.

Mike

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #7  
Thanks guys for great info, I have a new problem,on the hood of my tractor
it reads 2500. How can I tell if it's Japan or USA this is important in ordering
an sevice manual? Thanks again Guys

The YM2500 is a grey market tractor, the best service manual for your tractor is a JD850.

Danny

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #8  
Think you have been taken care of manual wise. If you don't mind me asking, what did that $15k buy you? Tractor plus what?

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #9  
I have the JD manual, it is for the 850,950,1050. Good manual, but expensive. ( $150 ) I also have the Yanmar manual that is available ( I think from Hoye ) for the 2500 and 3000.
( $35? ) I think the Yanmar manual is a better buy for your tractor. Although the JD manual is close to your 2500, it is not for the same motor. Example of this is that I have a YM 3000 that has a 3T84 engine, and a JD 950 that has a 3T90 engine. Very often both use the same parts, but not always. In fact quite a few of the JD parts on the body and frame are different. I sometimes find info in the JD manual that isn't found in the Yanmar, but overall the Yanmar has what you need. These are great little tractors, but you will need a manual sooner or later, might as well get it now,
Chris

/ My FIRST TRACTOR YANMAR 2500 #10  
I have the JD manual, it is for the 850,950,1050. Good manual, but expensive. ( $150 ) I also have the Yanmar manual that is available ( I think from Hoye ) for the 2500 and 3000.
( $35? ) I think the Yanmar manual is a better buy for your tractor. Although the JD manual is close to your 2500, it is not for the same motor. Example of this is that I have a YM 3000 that has a 3T84 engine, and a JD 950 that has a 3T90 engine. Very often both use the same parts, but not always. In fact quite a few of the JD parts on the body and frame are different. I sometimes find info in the JD manual that isn't found in the Yanmar, but overall the Yanmar has what you need. These are great little tractors, but you will need a manual sooner or later, might as well get it now,
Chris

What parts are different on the YM2500 and the JD850 Engine?

Danny