Oil & Fuel priming fuel system

/ priming fuel system #1  

adammsmith

I am having a problem with my 2610. It is the same set up as all the other Yanmar's. I ran it out of fuel and decided to go ahead and change the filter. I primed it (three set screws) and it started right up. Now it will run for a few minutes then loose all power, sputter and die. I will rebleed it and find air in the set screw by the injector. It will imediately start back up after bleeding it. It may run for 30sec or may run for 10 min. before sputtering and quitting. Then I have to repeat the whole bleed process again. If someone could help I sure would appreciate it. I am at my wits end. thanks.

/ priming fuel system #2  
I am having a problem with my 2610. It is the same set up as all the other Yanmar's. I ran it out of fuel and decided to go ahead and change the filter. I primed it (three set screws) and it started right up. Now it will run for a few minutes then loose all power, sputter and die. I will rebleed it and find air in the set screw by the injector. It will imediately start back up after bleeding it. It may run for 30sec or may run for 10 min. before sputtering and quitting. Then I have to repeat the whole bleed process again. If someone could help I sure would appreciate it. I am at my wits end. thanks.

Did you replace the old O-ring? Sometimes the old one is hard to seal and it will suck air.

Danny

/ priming fuel system
thanks Danny1, I'll give that a try.

/ priming fuel system #4  
It may be worth trying bleeding out at the injectors by cracking the injector lines and turning the engine over.

YouTube - HOWTO: Bleeding air out of a small Yanmar diesel

There is a video of the process I went through. Watch the whole video though, I was learning as I went so I made some mistakes such as cracking 1 line at a time, instead of just doing all three at once.

/ priming fuel system #5  
I've never had to crack an injector line to bleed the fuel system. Just the three bleeder screws, in order, from the filter inlet working toward the pump.

I just did that this past weekend after purging the system. It has worked fine several previous times also.

An old timer once posted here that this is all you ever need to do. Works for me!

/ priming fuel system #6  
The only place air will hurt is before it gets to the pump. if you get fuel to the pump with out air the pump will push it to the injector.It may have white smoke for a little while but it will run.

/ priming fuel system #7  
If it was leaking before the pump I would tend to believe that it would be wet in the area of the leak after sitting.

/ priming fuel system #8  
Try not to be discouraged. I think it takes practice to get a feel for it.