Oil & Fuel Oil pressure for a 1700

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #1  

mikereid

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1700
I put in some manual guages and I am trying to figure out what the values should be running.

What is the oil pressure supposed to run on a 1700 that is at running temp?

I am getting 45@ 1000
40@ 1500
50@ 2200

Also, how hot should the tractor be running?

I am running between 210 and 220.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #2  
Mine is running around 180-200 under load. Oil pressure at full temp is right around 50psi plus or minus a couple of pounds depending on engine speed.

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #3  
That is about right. That is real close to what I get on my 1700 except the temp. I added a water pump and mine runs about 140 to 150 in the summer.

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #4  
That is about right. That is real close to what I get on my 1700 except the temp. I added a water pump and mine runs about 140 to 150 in the summer.

I have a water pump in the mail!:D

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #5  
The water temp does sound high .I believe the temp sending switch should come on at 220 Degrees. If you do not have a water pump which I recommend getting for this area the coolant ratio should be 75 water 25 antifreeze to get the proper water flow.

/ Oil pressure for a 1700
I will check the ratio. Have any of you ever tried water wetter? I used it on high compression cars and it dropped the temp about 20 deg.

what is the radiator cap lbs need to be? The one that is on it says 7.

Thanks for the input, this site is great.

Last edited:
   / Oil pressure for a 1700 #7  
the sending unit is set to turn the light on at 248 degrees and off at 238 degrees.

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #8  
Yes I have heard that it does work.Have you checked the radiater it may be due for a recore or new one depending on the cost.But since you just bought it first I still would go the water pump kit.And come to think of it you may can even go lower on the mix ratio prob. down to 15% until you change it over.Maybe someone else will chime in on that.Since the oil pressure seems to be okay no mention of oil useage or smoke and you get it cooled down you should be in good shape.Also on oil pressure there is a lever to the left that is the decompression lever.what it does is holds up the valves for cold starts.I use it to let the oil pressure to come up before I let it start on average 5-8 sec.There is a good article on Hoye web site for your tractor under tech info yanmar over heating if you would like to read up on it.

/ Oil pressure for a 1700
I will flush the system tommorow. Also the water did look a little too green. It is not going to freeze any more this year, I think I my put straight water and water wetter in it to see If that will do me for a short while to get the garden tilled.

By the way, How do you turn off your engine, I have been having to use the decompression lever. I did notice after looking at some of the closeup pics on the site that there is suppose to be a return spring on the throttle. That could be the reason I can not throttle it off.

Thanks guys for the input.

/ Oil pressure for a 1700 #10  
Your throttle linkage is out of adjustment most likely.It's not pushing the pump arm far enough forward to shut the fuel off would be a good guess off the top of my head.