Oil & Fuel bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000

/ bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000 #1  

leadheadsc

Tractor
47 farmall M, 53 oliver77,57 Allis D-17, 52 John Deere A
How do you bleed the injectors on a yanmar 2000? A friend of mine drained his fuel system and replaced the filter then started it up and it ran fine for a couple minutes then shut off and wont crank now. It was running fine before he drained the fuel. Is there a bleeder valve on it somewhere?

/ bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000 #2  
3 two are on top of the fuel bowl and one in the miiddle of the pump.Start with the one closest to the fuel tank and end with the pump. Make sure there is plenty of fuel in the tank so it pushes the air out.

/ bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000 #3  
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-engine-died-after-starting.html#post1620714
This is from a previous post and it is for a Kubota but a diesel is a diesel.

1) Loosen your fuel filter so that gravity fills it up to overflow.

2) Tighten fuel filter

3) Loosen the air vent cock on the injector pump(if it has one) and crank the engine with the starter until you see no more air coming out of the air vent cock. ( you may try to start the engine because this may be enough to allow it to start if not keep going)

4) Close air vent cock.

5) Loosen the compression nuts on the four high pressure lines at the injectors a few turns, then pull on the tubing to unseat the tube.Crank the engine till fuel spurts out and the air is purged (be careful of the spray possibility).

6)Tighten the compression nuts.

7) Try to start the engine. If it fails repeat the process.

Let us know haw it turns out.

/ bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000 #4  
No.

Cary said in two sentences what is in the English version of the YM2000 operator manual. It has been confirmed by many Yanmar owners on here. There's no need to invent something different.

In particular, you don't need to loosen the fuel bowl or the high pressure lines. That just makes more of a mess, requires that you fetch special tools, and has a risk of personal injury. Further you don't need to crank it during the bleed process. Again, an unnecessary personal injury risk.

Just loosen each of the three bleeds screws in turn. That's what they are for! Work downhill, and wait for each to spill pure fuel, no air, before going to the next. That's all it needs.

His third sentence, 'have lots of fuel' was unnecessary in my experience; I've carried my two gallon Blitz jug down into the orchard more times than I am going to admit. :D

/ bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000 #5  
No.

Cary said in two sentences what is in the English version of the YM2000 operator manual. It has been confirmed by many Yanmar owners on here. There's no need to invent something different.

In particular, you don't need to loosen the fuel bowl or the high pressure lines. That just makes more of a mess, requires that you fetch special tools, and has a risk of personal injury. Further you don't need to crank it during the bleed process. Again, an unnecessary personal injury risk.

Just loosen each of the three bleeds screws in turn. That's what they are for! Work downhill, and wait for each to spill pure fuel, no air, before going to the next. That's all it needs.

His third sentence, 'have lots of fuel' was unnecessary in my experience; I've carried my two gallon Blitz jug down into the orchard more times than I am going to admit. :D

Cant argue with what works. The simpler the better, is what I always say.

/ bleeding fuel line on yanmar 2000 #6  
No.

Exactly what I do on my yanmar