Tires ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires #1  

tsmithco

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota L5740
I just purchased a YM2002 with 950hrs. Still has the Rice lugs. I'm looking to keep these lugs for the snow (and keep them on the wheels) but want another set of tires for pulling my 6' finishing mower. Any Suggestions? (used prefered).

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires #2  
If it is 2wd you can put just about anything on it. Some customers put the 24" truck tires on the stock wheels. You can get them used fairly cheap and they are sort of a "turf" tread. They are a lot cheaper than a true Firestone turf tire for around $300ea. We should have a set of used wheels.

example of off road truck tires-

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/tires/Nitto/terragrappler_lg.jpg

firestone turf--

Firestone Agricultural Tire Division : Tire Details

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires
Thanks. I'm planning on keeping the stock wheels with the rice lugs. Any recomendations on wheels? I'm having a hard time finding a 6 bolt pattern with the right spacing on tractor wheels.

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires #4  
Thanks. I'm planning on keeping the stock wheels with the rice lugs. Any recomendations on wheels? I'm having a hard time finding a 6 bolt pattern with the right spacing on tractor wheels.

Are you looking for tires and 6-lug wheels like these? If you were in CO I would consider selling them to you. Really don't want to mess with shipping tho, right now I don't even have a pickup to take them into town :( Otherwise.........
Bill

Attachments

• DSC01635.JPG
    DSC01635.JPG
    583.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC01642.JPG
    DSC01642.JPG
    582.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC01637.JPG
    DSC01637.JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 113
Funny you should post those exact tires and wheels! I just picked up a set of used kubota tires (same exact ones actually) from a local dealer that were used - but last night I tested - bolt pattern is off. The Yanmar YM2002 takes a 6 bolt at 5 1/2 " spacing, and the kubota 6 bolt was 5 7/8" with a larger center hole also.

I Checked with my truck, and the Chevy 6 bolt rims are 5 1/2" spacing - off to the local tire dealer to find some off road tires for me.

Thanks for the input everyone.

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires #6  
Funny you should post those exact tires and wheels! I just picked up a set of used kubota tires (same exact ones actually) from a local dealer that were used - but last night I tested - bolt pattern is off. The Yanmar YM2002 takes a 6 bolt at 5 1/2 " spacing, and the kubota 6 bolt was 5 7/8" with a larger center hole also.

I Checked with my truck, and the Chevy 6 bolt rims are 5 1/2" spacing - off to the local tire dealer to find some off road tires for me.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Yah, you may have to re-drill the holes offset from the original, make an adapter plate from one to the other, cut out and reweld centers from the Chevy wheels to the Kubota, or I guess you could just open up the existing holes. Sounds like you have a handle on it though. I guess if someone can adapt Kubota wheels to a farmall Cub (see attached, not mine, wish it were) then they could be adapted to anything. Glad you found your wheels.

ztf66h.jpg

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires #7  
Aren't 6 lug front wheels only on 4 wheel drive YM2002s? If your tractor is 4 wd, it is critical to keep the front and rear tire ratios the same. Putting larger tires on front will impair your drivetrain.

2WD (no D :) ) I'm actually going to purchased the set I borrowed from a local dealer (just like the ones pictured above) One of my customers (makes excavator buckets) can make a steel plate with my bolt pattern, cut out room for the bolts in the kubota wheels, and weld it to the back of those kubota wheels and fill weld in the holes that aren't needed for extra strength, all for $50! Done!

Thanks for all the help. This site has really helped with ideas (search is great)

/ ym2002 - need turf or diamond tires #9  
Cheap!!!!

Eugene

Me? or the welding :p