injection pump timing

/ injection pump timing #1  

cody323

Tractor
Yanmar 187D
i need some help. i removed my injection pump on my 187. i installed it the way it is described in the service manual but i can not get it to prime and time. the book tells you to pull the decompression arm and rotate the engine by hand until fuel comes out of the number one injection port. i tried this but spun the engine for about five minutes and no fuel ever came out. i made sure that the rack pin of the pump was in the yoke and that i had fuel flowing to the pump. any ideas??

/ injection pump timing #2  
If this is a keyway type of engagement to the pump drive gear, any chance that key didn't make it back correctly ?

/ injection pump timing
i am not sure what you mean. what is a key type pump?

/ injection pump timing
the pump is operated by a cam shaft as far as i can tell. i dont know where any gears come into play. it is the same pump, is it possible to install it and prime it as you normaly would? i did not change anything so does timing still come into it?

/ injection pump timing #5  
The timing is set by the number of shims under the pump. As long as you put the same shims back in the timing will not change. Even if it was WAY out of time it would still pump fuel-just not exactly at the right time. Why did you remove the pump? Was there a problem with it before you took it out?

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

Last edited: