YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #1  
Tractor
Yanmar 1700B
I noticed my tractor looks looks different from the 1700's I see on here. my hood removable side side panels are long (18 x 36) and narrow vs the square - ish.

So what are some of the diferences with the B model? Other than the hood ?

Sorry I don't have a picture yet.

Thanks

Last edited:
   / YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #2  
The YM1700 is a 2 cylinder engine and a manual transmission. I think that the B is a 3 cylinder with a power shift transmission.

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference
no I don't have a power shift and its a 2 cylinder. Thanks for the input.

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #4  
Sorry, but I have never actually seen one. I read that info somewhere. Maybe, one of the dealers who post here will answer your question

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #5  
The YM1700 is a 2 cylinder engine and a manual transmission. I think that the B is a 3 cylinder with a power shift transmission.
No. Absolutely no mechanical difference. Sheet metal and gauges. Why would you think that? Is that posted somewhere? I'm just curious, as there is so much misinformation out there and I wonder at times just where it comes from.

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #6  
There was a chart somewhere on the net. I can't remember exactly which site any more. I could swear that I saw someone post that on a board as well.

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #7  
I noticed my tractor looks looks different from the 1700's I see on here. my hood removable side side panels are long (18 x 36) and narrow vs the square - ish.

So what are some of the diferences with the B model? Other than the hood ?

Sorry I don't have a picture yet.

Thanks

The YM1700B came with a water pump, the YM1700 did not. The YM1700B has a steel fuel tank, the YM1700B has a different temp sending unit, different sheet metal, that's about it.

Danny

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference #8  
There was a chart somewhere on the net. I can't remember exactly which site any more. I could swear that I saw someone post that on a board as well.

Maybe it was the YM2000 & the YMG2000. The YM is a 2 cylinder & the YMG is a 3 cylinder.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ YM1700 vs YM1700B, What's the difference
The YM1700B came with a water pump, the YM1700 did not. The YM1700B has a steel fuel tank, the YM1700B has a different temp sending unit, different sheet metal, that's about it.

Danny

Danny I think your right, I do have a water pump, steel gas tank. The Temp sensor, I don't think is working becase it gave me no indication the radiator was going to blow. Got the radiator boiled out and fixed for $50 bucks. The bypass water hose was kinked and restricting flow. Everything seems ok now, maybe need a new sensor, it's still not moving. I can tell its running cooler.

Bought it 3 weeks ago and no telling what kind of care it got.