YM1810D Broke in Half

/ YM1810D Broke in Half #1  

LarryS

Tractor
MF GC2300
Buddy of mine was lifting manure with a Koyker FEL with a custom bucket extension and broke his clutch housing. It was a treat to take apart the FEL in the pile and horse the two halves onto a flatbed. We ended up using a come a long to keep the front and back axle halves together.

My question is: Now What does he do? Where can he find a clutch housing. He's thinking of welding the thing but I don't think that's the best way to go with cast anything. Where can a guy find a housing? Will JD parts cross? It appears to be a grey market unit with a serial number of 18B-00601.

Thanks for any and all help. I had a Satoh and now a MF, no experience with a Yanmar.

Larry

/ YM1810D Broke in Half #2  
If its cast steel,not cast iron,A good welder,[I mean a real welder],could make it good as new,if its cast iron,its junk.

How to tell,well,hard to say,but a good welder can tell you in a min. or less if it welds like steel or don't weld worth a ****,You know by welding on it,and looking at puddle,cast iron just looks different when welding.

/ YM1810D Broke in Half #4  
Those bellhousings are very hard to find used and not sold new. I just got one of the tractors that uses that housing & am thinking about parting it out. If you need that housing give us a call.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-1081

/ YM1810D Broke in Half
the metal looks silvery cast and not brownish cast so maybe it is cast steel. Those two leads will lift his spirits.

Do JD parts cross though? Can I be looking at a JD model? which one?