SEr # and Year of manufacture

/ SEr # and Year of manufacture #1  

joe swanson

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM 336D
Can anyone tell me where the tractor Ser. number is located and how to determine the model year. I found the Eng ser. number with no problem but ??

Thanks

Joe

/ SEr # and Year of manufacture #2  
Look next to your left ankle on the transmission case. The serial number there is what you need to order parts.

Yanmar never used Years, just Models. Then within those models, there can be a few upgrade levels. Several popular models have Early and Late, with different parts. For another example my Yanmar is level 3 and the final level was #4 that add a couple of features.

There are charts on some of the dealers sites that show the range of years when various models were made. it's probably posted here too - if you can find it!

/ SEr # and Year of manufacture #3  
Can anyone tell me where the tractor Ser. number is located and how to determine the model year. I found the Eng ser. number with no problem but ??

Thanks

Joe
I don't think I'm allowed to post a link, but if you go the the UTDA site (utda.net) and click on the "Tractor Model Info" page, you will get the years of manufacture for a given model. If someone is telling you something different, ask them for written proof or an affidavit stating the model year; there is ample misrepresentation in the marketplace. If you ask me, I will tell you the range of years a model was made and then tell you it is my best understanding (after 15 years in this market) that there is no certain way to tell which of those years it was made in.