Squeal

/ Squeal #1  

buppy69

Platinum Member
Tractor
Hinomoto E2804, Hinomoto N239,
I have a very loud squeel (can be heard all over the neighborhood). I previously thought is was the brakes and made a post to that effect. I did everything I was told to do with the brakes and nothing changed. It was impossible to tell where it was coming from sitting on the seat. All I could tell was it was coming from under me. Today I jacked up all 4 wheels, set it on jackstands and cranked her up and put her in gear. The squeal is coming from the transmission where the front drive shaft comes out. It only does it in 4WD and is worse in reverse. Any ideas?

Eugene

/ Squeal #2  
Before you said something about the FWD shaft I was going to take a stab at it and say it was the throwout bearing. I would have to say it is the bearing where the shaft comes out.

/ Squeal
Thanks Brent,

I'll pull the shaft when I have time and check it out.

Eugene

/ Squeal #4  
Speaking of throwout bearings, I think my 1500D has a failing one. It has been making a sort of growling noise from the general location of the bell housing. The growling was always there whether the clutch was depressed or not. The other day the growling suddenly stopped and a high pitch squeal started. The squeal would change when the clutch was depressed. Since then the squeal and growl have been taking turns. Am I correct in assuming this is the throwout bearing? If so, does it require a unique Yanmar bearing or am I going to be able to find a generic metric bearing at a bearing shop? I also assume splitting the tractor to change it is a lot of work but not necessarily that difficult compared to a clutch job on a car.

/ Squeal #5  
Sounds like the throwout bearing seized. Not sure about clutch parts but I'm sure a dealer in this forum can fix you up.

/ Squeal #6  
The last one i purchased from Yanmar was around $30. It took about 4 hours for two of us to have it back on the road.
Oh! I used one special tool. A Yanmar B22 trackhoe. It made the job so much easier.

/ Squeal #7  
I have the bearing # for you and you can get it from Napa. You can call the shop after 6:00 pst and we can go over it 509-374-3398. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Squeal
Is that the throwout bearing or the driveshaft bearing?

Eugene

/ Squeal #10  
Buck, does Napa cross-reference Yanmar part #'s for those bearings, and if so can they do it with other parts such as new or rebuilt clutch disks and pressure plates which are probably generic to a lot of vehicles?

Thanks,