Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling

/ Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling #1  

drtracer15

Just bought a 1702d with loader every thing worked good' unloaded from trailor hooked up bushhog ran for 15 minutes and just quit pulling, like you pushed in the clutch. No noises nothing, it was on level ground with no strain when happened . Put it in 4wd and front wheels will pull. Anybody have any suggestions.

/ Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling #2  
See if you can engage the rear differential lock and power one rear wheel. If not, the brake pinion shaft may be broken.

Did you just purchase this tractor from a dealer? If so, what do they say about your problem?

/ Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling #3  
I agree with Mark on the brake pinion shaft. If what you described is correct, that shouldn't have broke it. If the dif lock was on & a brake was stepped on hard , it could break it. Is this a "rebuild tractor"? Did you buy from a dealer or individual? If you didn't break it do yoyu have recourse? That part was only used on the YM1702 & YM1720. They are no longer available & pretty much impossible to find used. We have a shop that can cut gears & splines , if it comes to that.

/ Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling #4  
Do this tractor have the high and low speed on tranny? If so, be sure it is engaged in one or the other.

/ Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling
Thanks for the replys I took it back saturday and got my money back .

/ Ym1702 D Rear wheels quit pulling #6  
"Things" can go wrong with any machine. Bravo for the dealer who guaranteed his product!!!!!!!