fx24d hesitation going into gear

/ fx24d hesitation going into gear #1  

ponder

I have an fx24d. two days ago, i used my tiller to till up the garden for fall planting. yesterday, i noticed that there is a hesitation when letting off the clutch when it is in third gear. this happens both with load and with no load. after letting the clutch out all the way, it hesitates for about a second to a second and a half, then you can actually hear it catch and go into gear. this doesn't happen in any other gear, only in 3rd.

when tilling, i kept everything in first gear, including pto, and kept it up to 540 rpm.

i am wondering if this is a clutch problem, or if it is possible that the filter needs cleaning / replacing, since it seems that the hydraulics are just a little sllower than before.

is it possible that when tilling the filter got shaken up and some sediment in the bottom clogged it up?

looking for any suggestions, any experience with this problem, any likely problems other than a clogged filter.

thanks!

/ fx24d hesitation going into gear #2  
I would start by cleaning the screen & replacing the filter. Those are pretty easy. There is also a relief valve spring in the powershift valve body that is known to break on that model. It can cause anything from what you describe to a tractor that wont move at all.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181