New Owner Bought Yanmar

/ New Owner Bought Yanmar #1  

fishstixtwo

Tractor
YM180D
Hi Everybody,
Just bought a YM180D, Brought it home monday evening. It has a Yanmar FEL and 5 ft. finish mower. Upon ariving home I unloaded it from the trailer and told the wife to try it out. She has operated tractors before, but never a FEL. She disappered around the house. I unhooked the trailer and prepared to unload the mower from the truck bed. When i went looking for her I found her digging in a pile of dirt at the end of the yard. I guess even the wife can have a little fun with a tractor.
Tried out my 5 ft Bhog today, I was really Impressed with the power of this tractor. It worked better than the 9n that I had did. Cut 4.5 to 5 ft. swamp grass in 2nd gear, 2.5 to 3 ft. grass and weeds in 5th gear.
Does anyone know the correct way to remove the FEL? It is a real pain while mowing, as I have a lot of trees in my yard. I only smacked 2 of them on my first attempt at mowing with the finish mower. there are 2 steel bars stored in the cross member of the FEL. Are these bars used in the removal process? I know I can remove it, But i sure would like to know the correct procedure.
Thanks for any replies.

/ New Owner Bought Yanmar #2  
Congratulation on the "new" tractor and welcome!

What model FEL do you have? I have the later 186D tractor with a YFL-650 FEL. This is a quick detach FEL. There should be (unless removed by a previous owner) a "leg" stored in the cross member of the FEL that once removed is placed in the receiving socket of the FEL. This socket is centered in a cross memeber of the FEL and looks like an pipe end set at 90 degrees from the cross member. Hard to describe but spend a minute looking at the FEL and it all makes sense. The hydraulics are all quick couplers. The procedure to "step out" of the FEL will be even harder to describe. I don't know how to walk you through it short of telling you to get the owners manual for the FEL from a Yanmar dealer like Len Shaeffer but if you have detached a FEL before you could figure this one out. The FEL will end up sitting on the bucket and that "leg" I mentioned.

If someone else doesn't step in here and help you out I'll see about taking some pictures of the procedure for you.

/ New Owner Bought Yanmar
I Think the model number is YDL 200, I will check to be sure. It does have the bars stored in the cross tube on the front. It looks as if it can be removed by removing 2 bolts on the bottom of the verticle frame. The hoses are long enough to back away from it, and are quick disconnect. I thought those braces are used to support it somehow, But it looks like a lot of the weight will be hanging on the back side of them. I just dont want it to end up on the ground.
Thanks for your reply.