Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #31  
All I can add is two things:

1. I have no idea where he can find the springs.

2. For a newcomer to the list, he sure knows how to make friends.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!
Darryl:
I herein make a full and genuine public apology to you as you are correct in many of your assertions. I did make a serious error in missing the part of your letter stating you had had success with this approach before. This is actually my fourth letter of apology as I think each of those four fairly long previous ones were timed out by tractorbynet so they were lost into syberspace. You were the only person to assure me with a personal account that you had followed this path to success and I made a serious error missing it. I further thank you for pointing this out for a second time thus helping me to see what I had missed. I am even happier to say that two of the smaller springs are on the way thanks to Danny Parker at Parker Equipment. Even more impressive after 50 plus calls I did locate a dealership in North Carolina with both of the springs left but only one of each. He said he had never sold one of the 24540 ever before in some 50 plus years. They are paid for and on the way.
I also owe thanks to Danny Parker who has helped despite my cantankerous and incomplete responses even to assure him I would pay for the parts he has ordered for me. I further want to thank Sam at TOM'S TRADING POST P.O. BOX 730 Grandview, TX 76050 Phone: (817) 295-1351. He has supplied the following detailed specifications of the springs I hereby put into the hands of you all.

194446-24540-free length 64.5-65.5mm larger outer spring
working load at 271 Newton meters 41.5mm
194446-24550-free length 54.0-55.0 mm smaller inner spring
working load at 145 Newton meters is 38.5mm

These simple specifications along with an accurate measure of the outer diameter each spring should at worst allow for replacement parts location from springs manufacturers. Let me add some insight too. For anyone owning a Yanmar 186, 226, or 276 with or without the four wheel drive D specification most particularly with a front bucket that particularly stress these springs when in gear with the wheels not moving (or possibly heavy use like plowing). I strongly suggest that you take note as I believe you are fairly likely to see failures in these simple springs under those extreme stresses.

I would further like to thank Phil at Martin Diesel Inc. whose company located and sold Danny Parker those parts and also far beyond anyone else providing me with a list of 11 tractor salvage yards! He was also able to relate he his company has sold some 35 of these springs over the last 5 years.

My experience with tractorbynet advise other than from the professionals at the dealerships is not very impressive but may I share other very impressive experience. The reason for calling all these dealers is that beyond the forum you talk with many hard working professionals that go far beyond the call of duty just trying to help people. It was a real refreshing experience in the value of people in our wonderful country. Please recommend the calling not just for parts found upon the shelf but a whole network of the finest generous hard working people one could hope to meet anywhere.
I can not realistically hope that most of you reading will understand that I was trying to focus upon the actual task completion plans and even much more how we can clearly and effectively relate in a way others will understand what we mean and why we feel it is worthwhile. Few are very pointed to helping in such a way others can really understand clearly. If you feel I was just being an *** I will not bother even to argue.

ben

I promise this will be my last post in this thread....I normally will not allow myself to be baited into such nonsense.

After I posted the fact that I have had to do exactly what has been suggested to you (call numerous dealers until an obscure part was found) you go on to again state "NOT ONE POSTER HAS SUGGESTED THEY HAVE OR WOULD WITH EXPERIENCE FOLLOW THEIR OWN SUGGESTION EXPECTING LIKELY SUCCESS."

Reread my post...yes I have done exactly this, under very similar circumstances and was successful each time. You keep asking where to find such parts and the answer has been laid before you in no uncertain terms...No one here has first hand knowledge of where that exact part is located. HOWEVER, in turn they have offered up the suggestion that it is most likely to be in the possession of a Yanmar dealer with an NOS parts inventory. Does that require work on your behalf? YES. Is someone here willing to start calling dealers for you? NO, should we be expected to? NO. Does this mean that the suggestion is not plausible? NO, to the contrary it is the most likely place to find it. Can you tell me why calling businesses that make their living selling outdated parts isn't the most likely place to find it? Just WHO do you think will have it then? Of equal or greater importance, many of these parts dealers also repair these tractors and a good source of information on how they may have repaired this problem in the past.

You keep preaching about "excellence" as some broad term that includes implying that you are not limited by what others think is impossible or can't be done by you and THIS is how you respond to having to pick up the phone? Give me a break!!!!!!

You are the ONLY person here stating or even suggesting that making these calls will not be fruitful. Even if they had said it is unlikely, since you have not found the part by any other means, is "unlikely" a valid reason to not attempt it? That is entirely up to you to decide. I have been told before that parts were no longer available by the largest dealers in the nation and had to make that same decision and both times I found it to be a good one.
Good luck in finding your part...I mean this sincerely.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!
Well to you all I have a follow-up. Even my best friend who sold me that fine YM276 2 years ago did not believe the two springs I searched for were going to fix the tractor. I was 98% sure it would do the trick. Well I am happy to report that the prings were exactly the problem and now the tractor really pulls forward and bawckwards just like I would guess it was engineered to do.