Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    A couple of days ago I wrote trying to find two new parts which are springs for my Yanmar YM276. I did receive a lot of help but it became clear that there was NO-ONE ANYWHERE WITH BOTH NEW! So if anyone anywhere knows anyone with a YM276 that they are neither using running nor operating any longer PLEASE write me as I need these parts very badly. The parts are two springs that run the Hydraulic Relief Valve and Hydraulic Delay relief Valves. The actual parts numbers needed are 194446-24540 And 194446-24550. These parts are quite easy to remove as they are on the top mechanism nearer the front of the transmission and both parts are small (less than 5 inches) and light too. I will be happy to supply copies of the parts diagrams that are quite clear and assist in other ways too. Please do let me know if you might know where a machine is that could supply these parts!
    Ben Kohn
    Florida
    benkohn@prodigy.net

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Are your springs broken? If so how many pieces? It seems to be you could get someone to tig weld it back together if its broken and get some more use out of it.

    Well after a few minutes of mulling this over im thinking that the heat would mess up the springyness of the metal. Then again if its allready broke you dont have much to loose if it doesnt work.

    I did see your other post and If i were you i would go ahead a buy the spring that was still available. For the other spring you might be able to find one of similar deminsions and see if it will work. Using the internet you can find all kinds of stuff.

    Just found this on the net ----newcombspring.com---- , there website says they make prototype springs and short runs, you might get lucky and get someone to answer the phone that is willing to help.

    This one looks primising --------tricorindustries.com---------
    Last edited by Ken Cunningham; 09-18-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: found another site

  3. #3
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    3,399

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    How many of the 150, or so, parts dealers have you called so far?

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cunningham View Post
    Are your springs broken? If so how many pieces? It seems to be you could get someone to tig weld it back together if its broken and get some more use out of it.

    Well after a few minutes of mulling this over im thinking that the heat would mess up the springyness of the metal. Then again if its allready broke you dont have much to loose if it doesnt work.

    I did see your other post and If i were you i would go ahead a buy the spring that was still available. For the other spring you might be able to find one of similar deminsions and see if it will work. Using the internet you can find all kinds of stuff.

    Just found this on the net ----newcombspring.com---- , there website says they make prototype springs and short runs, you might get lucky and get someone to answer the phone that is willing to help.

    This one looks primising --------tricorindustries.com---------
    Ken:
    I had thought about trying to repair it but that will be a very last choice since a used one is still far superior. Certainly the springs both are highly tempered by the look and feel. I have searched springs but this is touchy because they have used two springs for exactly the same function. The larger one is likely supplemented by the second one. I believe it is because they could not get a spring of the modest diameter strong enough to do the whole load. They just added another inner one to help it out. This suggests the used spring is very close to capacity for the size. Lastly it would be relatively easy with a new spring set to measure the characteristics (just like in high school physics lab) and then find a matching spring from a producer. Unfortunately I can not do that as I neither have a good spring nor can I get a new one to test. I may even soon try to get in contact with yanmjar to see if by chance I might be able to get the original specifications used for both those springs but that is real ifey.
    Thanks for the spring makers' info. I will try to post when done to share the wealth.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Quote Originally Posted by normde2001 View Post
    How many of the 150, or so, parts dealers have you called so far?
    I did think the same but it was real weird cause every one of the four dealers I have talked with suggested darned clearly in a indirect fashion they did not even want to be involved. Yes I know these are low cost parts but they said ALL FOUR almost the same words "There are no springs like this available!" I had to press them hard and repeatedly that some might be upon the shelf somewhere before any would even conceed that was EVEN POSSIBLE! It was real strange!!!

    Please share any real experience you have with Yanmar dealers so I know it might be worthwhile to make all those calls? There is possible and then probable! It is only the fools that bet on possible.

    ben

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Approved Advertiser

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    754
    Location
    North Texas
    Tractor
    Yanmar

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    The 4 dealers can only tell you what THEY have on the shelf and what is in the main Yanmar warehouses. They do not have any way to know what is on the other 150 dealers' shelves.

    Aaron
    Hoye Tractor Parts
    Contact Us
    (940)592-0181
    Aaron
    Hoye Tractor Parts
    Contact Us
    (940)592-0181
    Yanmar Tractor Parts

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    3,399

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Quote Originally Posted by benkohn View Post
    I did think the same but it was real weird cause every one of the four dealers I have talked with suggested darned clearly in a indirect fashion they did not even want to be involved. Yes I know these are low cost parts but they said ALL FOUR almost the same words "There are no springs like this available!" I had to press them hard and repeatedly that some might be upon the shelf somewhere before any would even conceed that was EVEN POSSIBLE! It was real strange!!!

    Please share any real experience you have with Yanmar dealers so I know it might be worthwhile to make all those calls? There is possible and then probable! It is only the fools that bet on possible.

    ben
    I'm talking about Yanmar's state-by-state listing of authorized parts dealers, not aftermarket dealers, who have 30-year-old NOS parts on the shelves, most of whom will only sell to "made for US" tractor owners such as yourself. I recall one dealer a few years back who put her entire inventory on the market.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    614
    Location
    Thorsby Alabama

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Quote Originally Posted by benkohn View Post
    I did think the same but it was real weird cause every one of the four dealers I have talked with suggested darned clearly in a indirect fashion they did not even want to be involved. Yes I know these are low cost parts but they said ALL FOUR almost the same words "There are no springs like this available!" I had to press them hard and repeatedly that some might be upon the shelf somewhere before any would even conceed that was EVEN POSSIBLE! It was real strange!!!

    Please share any real experience you have with Yanmar dealers so I know it might be worthwhile to make all those calls? There is possible and then probable! It is only the fools that bet on possible.

    ben
    You didn't here that from this dealer, I told you I would get you the one that is available from Yanmar, but I can't get the one that Yanmar no longer sells.

    Danny

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Norm:
    Thank you but have you had direct success with what you suggest? Please let me know of examples from your own experience or of direct friends where they located parts that were "unavailable" by other means by chasing down the 150 dealers you suggest checking with. Isn't that what you have suggested to do? Is it what you would recommend or just an idea to toss around like welding the springs back together?

    I am not trying to be at all terse but I never recommend to others "what I would not myself do" otherwise others would be led to take me as callous flipant and unreliable. I would be programming them to not even try to listen to what I say. Boy would that be far from my best interests and intentions!

    ben



    Quote Originally Posted by normde2001 View Post
    I'm talking about Yanmar's state-by-state listing of authorized parts dealers, not aftermarket dealers, who have 30-year-old NOS parts on the shelves, most of whom will only sell to "made for US" tractor owners such as yourself. I recall one dealer a few years back who put her entire inventory on the market.

  10. #10
    Super Member California's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,556
    Location
    Sonoma County
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

    Default Re: Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

    Quote Originally Posted by benkohn View Post
    they said ALL FOUR almost the same words "There are no springs like this available!".... It was real strange!!!...

    It is only the fools that bet on possible.
    Now that's a funny interpretation of what they told you!

    Quote Originally Posted by benkohn View Post
    Please let me know of examples from your own experience or of direct friends where they located parts that were "unavailable" by other means by chasing down the 150 dealers you suggest checking with. Isn't that what you have suggested to do?

    I am not trying to be at all terse but I never recommend to others "what I would not myself do" otherwise others would be led to take me as callous flipant and unreliable. I would be programming them to not even try to listen to what I say. Boy would that be far from my best interests and intentions!
    Look, you're the one with almost-a-tractor. Maybe some dealer will have that part to make your tractor whole. If four dealers told you there is no central registry of who has what, then it sounds like you still have 146 dealers to contact.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.