Bulldog Loaders

/ Bulldog Loaders #1  

Neat 1500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Only a YM14 MkII
I see in some posts people ragging these FELs and am at a loss as to why? i know they are generally fitted to grey and Vn recons but what actually about them is that bad? i have one on my 1500 and find it OK, the welds on it are not the best but every thing else on it works and performs well. it has the quickrelease on it, the reinforcing and chassis frame are Ok( would be even better if it went all the way back to the diff) and bucket are reasonably well made.i hear that trying to source parts after warranty expiry is a problem,but afterall they are only hydraulic rams and a valve bank with hoses that can be repaired by any hydraulic shop.i have googled and looked around but not much can be found about them. if i am missing the point please let me know as i am a little confused.

/ Bulldog Loaders #2  
I have a neighbor who has one on a Ford 1710. Who really knows what he has subjected this thing to over a couple of years. This thing has a bent frame, rubs on the mount, and a bent bucket. He paid more than twice as much for that as I paid for my Koyker 160. Much better quality on the Koyker and heavier material used in it's construction. On smaller tractors, who knows, might be OK I guess. If I was buying aftermarket again, think I'd go right back to Koyker, sure it isn't as well built as most factory FEL's, but it looks much better built than some other aftermarket. Just an opinion baised on looking at just that one.
Chris

/ Bulldog Loaders #3  
afterall they are only hydraulic rams and a valve bank with hoses that can be repaired by any hydraulic shop.
I thought I read somewhere that the backhoes for Jinma tractors use Chinese-spec hose diameter and fitting sizes that baffle an ordinary US hydraulic shop. And also that Bulldog used proprietary or Chinese-spec stuff that nobody knew where to order.

Can someone comment on whether Bulldog's hose diameter and fittings are available? I think this is the concern over ongoing support.

/ Bulldog Loaders
The hose is Yokohama branded and i think it has the size on it. i may pull one off it and take it to a local hose doctor and see what they say about the size of the hose and the fitting thread diameter and pitch of thread,if i had a hose problem i am sure i could reuse the fitting, put a similar size hose on it and find a collar that would crimp up OK.

/ Bulldog Loaders
The hose is Yokohama branded and i think it has the size on it. i may pull one off it and take it to a local hose doctor and see what they say about the size of the hose and the fitting thread diameter and pitch of thread,if i had a hose problem i am sure i could reuse the fitting, put a similar size hose on it and find a collar that would crimp up OK.

the size is 1/4 x 1W (whatever the 1W? means) and all have m to f adapters on them except the rams. i will try to find out what size they actually are.

/ Bulldog Loaders
Could 1W be One Wrap, ie a single ply of wire braid???

You could be on the money there,it is only fairly small hose so i could not imagine it would have more than 1 layer of reo braid.

/ Bulldog Loaders #8  
does anyone have a link to mfg site ora dealer list? was just quoted 5400 for a koyker to go on our mf 1528, sounded like way too much.

/ Bulldog Loaders #9  
LCI Equipment in Wills Point Tx has these on all their tractors. They are VN tractors. They handle parts for tractors and I would guess they would sell loaders or parts for them. Don't know that, just guessing. I think you can find a # for them if you google. I don't know whether it is kosure to post one here so I won't. I'd be glad to e-mail it to whomever wants it. I have a 285 bulldog loader on my 2002D. Had all kinds of problems with tractor but none with loader. I have worked it pretty hard. I have a hanger in my shed and can remove or attach loader in 10 minutes or less. Hanger only supports tractor end. You can googe LCI Equipment and follow up on Lucky Co. (VN part) and look at loader specs, etc.