Request for Info

/ Request for Info #1  

jmf7112001

Silver Member
Tractor
Many different models
Who's got a 1720D? I want to verfiy the amount of oil it takes.. My dip stick was broke when I got this tractor. Now my oil lite flickers on and off as I rock the tractor that leads me to believe thats it low on oil. Does anybody know what the correct amount of oil is for this tractor?

/ Request for Info #2  
I do not have the answer, but I have some perhaps useful information:

-186D (similiar to 1510D), 879 cc engine displacement, 3.4 US quarts of oil
-220D (similar to 1810D?), 1,126 cc engine displacement, 3.9 US quarts of oil

Your 1720D engine should be 954 cc engine displacement, and I would guess is in the range of 3.4 to 3.9 US quarts of oil. I believe the 1720D engine is the same as the 1601, 1610, and 1602 engine.

Keith

/ Request for Info #3  
My YM195 (997cc) and YM240 (1145cc) manual shows 5 liters(5.3 U S quarts) of oil for both engines, however, unless you plan on draining the crankcase to check your oil you need to know how far the oil is below the opening when full, which I can check tomorrow in the daylight unless someone with a 1720 can tell you.

/ Request for Info #4  
I have a 1720D and mine takes just a little under 4 quarts of Oil, I believe 3.7 with a filter change to be exact. Since I still have the dipstick I just put in 3 1/2 quarts and then add more until it is up to the full mark. It is easy to over fill otherwise.

/ Request for Info #5  
CRB, what JMF needs is for someone with a 1720 to drop a tape measure down from the top edge of the fill opening and measure the distance to the surface of the oil when full.

/ Request for Info #6  
A simipler solution would be to contact Len , Bruce or any other dealer and see if a new or used dipstick is available.

/ Request for Info #7  
A tape measure will not fit there so here is the next best thing, The dip stick is 7 3/4 inches long from where it seats against the housing to its end. The full mark is 5 1/2 inches from where it seats, and the bottom line is 7 5/8 inches from the seat. Hope this helps.

/ Request for Info
Thank all you guys for the info. I've got a new dipstick on order. But the measurements will help me lots. I've also got a new sensing unit coming, so I beieve between the two I solve the problems. Again Thank you.

/ Request for Info #9  
The specs on the 3T75U-NA engine in the YM1720 call for 3.4 liters oil capacity, including the filter. (3.0 liters without filter). As someone said, this turns out to be right around 3.6 quarts.

Greg