Leaking Injector? YM2210

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #1  

Smoody

Platinum Member
Tractor
YM226D
I noticed a fuel/burning smell while using the YM2210 today, I thought it may be running hot but after inspection I noticed there was fuel slightly leaking out the rubber fuel line that comes off the top of the fuel tank where it connects to the injector. It also seems to drip when enough builds up here, the rubber hose slips off VERY easy, its not tight, it has a yellow pull tie on it but fuel seems to seep its way out a little at a time..My question is, is this loose rubber hose the main cause of the leak or is it something more? notice where I mention a SMALL amount of bubbling in the lower part of the photo, is the gasket leaking or is that where the fuel is burning off resulting in the smell i smell?? how can I stop this from leaking?

I think its the rubber hose leaking where it connects, but when I noticed the bubbling I thought it may be more, tractor cranks and runs fine, no power loss or anything. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0843.jpg
    tn_IMG_0843.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 627
   / Leaking Injector? YM2210 #2  
Common problem as these reach 30 years old. Just replace those small hoses.

Small fuel/vacuum hose from NAPA works fine.

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210
Thanks, California.

so the bubbling is just where the fuel is running down from the drip and burning? That would more then likely be the "burning" smell right?

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #4  
That was my experience. Your transparent hose and that yellow clamp aren't original. I think it's time to replace all the small hose and add good clamps.

I replaced those hoses when I recently bought a YM187D and went through some minor renovation. That stopped the dribble down the side of the block.

One of its hoses was long enough that I just cut off the swelled end and put it back on temporarily. I need to buy more hose to complete the project.

P1530521rReplacedInjReturnHoses.JPG

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #5  
1) that black hose is way too big-repl it with smaller size
2) the drip here(at injector in)may be from above-fix that first to see if 2 stops
3) may be caused by 1- fix first then see if 2&3 resolve

also check to see if you have your filter in the neck of the fuel tank as this has the breather in it.

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #6  
that black hose is to large of a diameter. Get on that fits tight and replace them all. I used a zip tie as i los tthe original clamp (i have since refound it) but that should be enough, as they use them on boats all the time and this i snot a preasured line. Mine leaked in the same place i had a pin hole in the rubber line that caused the fuel in all the same places. Go to advance or auto zone and but the smallest dia. hose that will slip on the nipples. You may want to tighten that bango bolt on top of the injector to make sure it is tight and also0 the injector line just to make sure it is tight also, but looking at that hose that appears to be to large i would suspect that as then end hardened it no longer seals very well. As previously suggested buy $5 worth of the smallest size hose that will fit on those nipples and then replace them all. you could bring in that fitting under the bolt to find the correct size at the store.

-NAte

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210
Thanks for all the replies, i know what i need to do now.

One question, what is that rubber hose coming out the top of the fuel tank anyway? I know the tank feeds the fuel bowl from the bottom of the fuel tank, how does fuel come through this top hose???

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #8  
It's the return line for excess fuel that never got injected into the cylinder. As for why - ?????

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #9  
Just an FYI. Chris I replaced my return lines with the small vacuum hose as you described.. It didn't take long for the diesel fuel to swell those lines.. I had to locate some small gasoline rated hose

/ Leaking Injector? YM2210 #10  
Thanks for all the replies, i know what i need to do now.

One question, what is that rubber hose coming out the top of the fuel tank anyway? I know the tank feeds the fuel bowl from the bottom of the fuel tank, how does fuel come through this top hose???

This is the line where unused fuel is returned to your tank. Make sure it is not stopped up by taking it off the injector and blowing through it. If stopped up it will build up pressure and leak.