need some input

/ need some input #21  
That's what "reconditioning" is, to restore to operating condition. Sometimes, with only an inspection and testing, nothing need be done. It is neither overhauling nor rebuilding.

That all depends on ones interoperation of the word "reconditioning"

/ need some input #22  
....if anyone could give me some +'s or -'s on yanmars OR has anything to add about RCO, i would appreciate it.
/QUOTE]

I have done business with RCO and I can second the motion that they stand behind their products. I have a YM-2010D I bought from RCO, and I have been pleased with both the Tractor's performance and their Customer Service. I think that the 4x4, and Powershift options are good to look for, and the 3-cylinder models are a little smoother, tho less torquey.

/ need some input #23  
....if anyone could give me some +'s or -'s on yanmars OR has anything to add about RCO, i would appreciate it.
/QUOTE]

I have done business with RCO and I can second the motion that they stand behind their products. I have a YM-2010D I bought from RCO, and I have been pleased with both the Tractor's performance and their Customer Service. I think that the 4x4, and Powershift options are good to look for, and the 3-cylinder models are a little smoother, tho less torquey.

/ need some input #25  
I have a 1401 2wd and I would go with the 4wd. Mine goes GREAT but because of the shorter wheelbase and low profile, it will get "stuck " crossing ditches between the fields and the blade will hold the rear wheels off the ground just enough to spin. Many times I have had to hook the truck to it and pull it about 2ft. If I had a 4wd ,I would never have a problem with this unit. I think that the 2wd will turn shorter, but if your not in a tight space, and have lots of flat fields, don't spend the extra cash.

/ need some input #26  
That all depends on ones interoperation of the word "reconditioning"

I don't know anything about "interpretation", but that's every dictionary's "definition" of the word.

/ need some input #27  
Of course a 4wd is better for loader work than a 2wd but not everyone uses one enough to make the expenditure worthwhile. What would be even better is power steering. Now that is a most important item for loader work. Unfortunately not gonna happen, 2 or 4wd.

/ need some input #28  
Of course a 4wd is better for loader work than a 2wd but not everyone uses one enough to make the expenditure worthwhile. What would be even better is power steering. Now that is a most important item for loader work. Unfortunately not gonna happen, 2 or 4wd.

Well I think you will enjoy and come to respect the Yanmar you do end up with.
Its got to be one of the best purchases I've made over the years ...
I orginally looked for the model you mentioned... Believe it or not - the day I went buy it, it was just being loaded on another guys trailer... lucky for me!!;)

I have a 3110D powershift and POWER Steering ... Use it with a loader
It makes a real difference.:) If you can find 4 wheel drive - get it - for Safety I don't have to baha to use it and neither will you ... Visit the safety section on this site and see how it can help on occassion - and thats all you need to make it well worth the price along with a ROPS.:D The 23 and 26 series almost have too much torque for their weight in some applications ..

As for parts - what few I've needed - I have gotten easier than for my 42 riding mower. :eek: